Mares Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowmaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a Mares Abyss with the older plastic hosing. I found a small crack in the plastic cover. The crack is on the lip where the metal ring clamps down to hold both sides together. You can only see the crack when the reg. is disassembled. Took it to a local dive shop that sells Mares equipment and found them to be basically unhelpful. They wanted me to leave it with them to be overhauled but didn't know if they could get me a new part. Oh they would also sell me a new one. All I want is a new cover at this time. Do you know where I might be able to get one.

BTW I love this Reg. and just want a new cover.

Thanks

Um...I'm not a Mares rep, but I do own 3 Abyss regs. I've had this happen before too and I just ordered several extra faceplates from my LDS and keep them on hand. There are Mares faceplates other than the branded ABYSS plate that will fit as well.

snowmaker:
I have a Mares Abyss with the older plastic hosing. I found a small crack in the plastic cover. The crack is on the lip where the metal ring clamps down to hold both sides together. You can only see the crack when the reg. is disassembled. Took it to a local dive shop that sells Mares equipment and found them to be basically unhelpful. They wanted me to leave it with them to be overhauled but didn't know if they could get me a new part. Oh they would also sell me a new one. All I want is a new cover at this time. Do you know where I might be able to get one.

BTW I love this Reg. and just want a new cover.

Thanks

The cover is availible and is also interchangable with the current model. All the shop would need to do is call our Customer Service department and place the order. If you need a recommendation on where to take it, please PM me. Also would like to know the shop name where you went the first time.

Thanks,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom