Mares BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbadrik

Reaction score
I was wondering if the Kaila and Dragon are NITROX ready or will they need a converter?

I can't find anything confirming nitrox compatability on the net.

I would consult Mares directly.

Great question IMHO.

Ya, I cant find the phone # on the site to call

cbadrik:
I was wondering if the Kaila and Dragon are NITROX ready or will they need a converter?
These are BCs? You should have learned in your nitrox class that BCs do not have to be 02 clean.

jviehe:
These are BCs? You should have learned in your nitrox class that BCs do not have to be 02 clean.

maybe he hasn't yet taken the course and just wants to buy one that will last through that cert level......

No problem, I'm a newbie too. I think like you do.

Hey more experienced guy's how's about checking on the post count of us new guy's before coming back with a response.

We are looking for help.

We need your help.

bvmjethead:
maybe he hasn't yet taken the course and just wants to buy on that will last through that cert level......
Good point. I assumed if that were the case the question would have been: do BCs need to be nitrox ready. My bad. I also wasnt sure if he was asking about Regs.

In any case, if you are using nitrox, then only theings that will touch greater than 40% 02 need to be 02 clean, which differs from Nitrox Ready, in some cases. Typically this means only tanks. Basically unless you are using a rebreather recreationally only your tank needs to be have special attention for nitrox.

There are different regulations by location. In North America you are fine. The specific Do's/don'ts are in the book that comes with each BC.

Thanks,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom