Mares Bottom Timer Repairable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dittrimd

Force Fin Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my DSS wrist mount and went to try out my Mares bottom timer and it died. :(

Is there any hope to get this repaired/battery replaced or is it a throw away?

Here is a picture of it.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mares Bottom Timer Front.JPG
    Mares Bottom Timer Front.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 781
Dittrimd,

The directions I am posting are from an older dacor computer, which very closely resembles the one you have. Take a look at the back of this computer. If it looks like yours, I'd follow the directions and most likely you will be able to replace the batteries. Otherwise I think it may be time for the circular bin for your computer. It's been around longer than me, and thats a lot to ask from a computer. :wink:

Good luck. Please be careful to keep everything clean and lubed when reassembling.

Attachments

• battery replacement.doc
    125 KB · Views: 352
Dear Zak,

Is a manual for the Dacor Digital available?

Sorry, it is no longer available. I have seen people post in the computer section of scuba board looking for antiquated manuals and finding success.

Good luck!

Best,

Zak,

Thanks for the info but there is no battery compartment on the back of my unit. It is sealed at the face. I pulled it apart and found the unit to be sealed with oil. The battery is a surface mount on the circuit board even if it could be replaced there is no way to seal it. I have learned from others who have a similar item from OMS and UWATEC that these are throw aways. Thanks again for your help.

Mark D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom