Mares Contact Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NigelTopham

Registered
Reaction score
Why does Mares not give any contact details (address, phone or email) on its web site, and no email address on its instruction manuals?

Why is it necessary to communicate with Mares through a public bulletin board such as this one?

They don't like to be bothered except when it's convenient for them. How cool is that? What's it going to be like when you need to speak to a big muckety muck ASAP? Call a dealer they spend more money than you do and they might be listened to.

Why does Mares not give any contact details (address, phone or email) on its web site, and no email address on its instruction manuals?

Why is it necessary to communicate with Mares through a public bulletin board such as this one?

Our contact information is on our website under the Mares network tab / Distributors / America as are all other distributors throughout the world. We do not publish this in our manuals because distribution channels and service centers are always evolving and changing on a global level.

It is not necessary to contact us through this forum. I consider it an added service level we and a handful of other brands are extending to you. Under normal circumstances it is protocol to deal with questions, problems, warranty issues etc. through an authorized dealer. While this is normal protocol, we understand there are situations that need or can be helped by our company, and we are engaging 100% to try and fullfill everyone's needs. I hope this answers your question.

They don't like to be bothered except when it's convenient for them. How cool is that?

Jim, I'm not sure why you are of this opinion. Phil and I spend many hours here on the board over weekends, before and after normal work day hours, answering questions and finding resolution to problems in an effort to provide better service levels. In addition Phil and I also do our day job working for Mares. Our customer service center is open and available from 9am eastern to 3pm pacific Mon - Fri answering 97% of all calls within 1 minute or less. While this is not perfect I believe it is very good.

What's it going to be like when you need to speak to a big muckety muck ASAP?

Phil Mintz: Vice President of Mares U.S. is an active member on the board. He is accessible through the Mares sub forum, and or by PM. In our company, in the U.S. he is considered the Muckity Muck. Most of the time if you post in the Mares forum or PM one of us, it goes directly to our computer or phone. This happens pretty fast.

I think we are doing a really good job and I hope this answer helps you to see it as well.

Best regards,

Zak, Thanks for your reply, but the web site appears to give the contact details of the distributors in each country, not the contact details for Mares. I assume that you are distributor in the US. I am in the UK and would like to contact Mares themsleves because the UK distributor has not been able to repair my computer (see separate post about Nemo Wide Alarms Not Working). I appreciate that as a US distributor you are providing a valuable service to your customers, but if I knew how to contact Mares directly I would not have to "wash my dirty linen" in public on a bulletin board. Do you have a direct contact email for Mares? Thanks.

Hi Nigel,

I sent you a PM about your issue. Let me assure you when you contact the UK office or US office this is the Mares Company. Mares (as a part of the HEAD Group) has many offices around the world. Both the UK and US as well as most countries are subsidiaries of the worldwide company. In the US it is HEAD USA. In some countries where we do not have a subsid we have a dsitributor.
All units have "factory" service centers with Factory Trained Techinicians. In certian products or issues (such as a computer) it may need to go back to the factory in Italy for testing by one of the engineers, which was the case with your computer.

Hope this explains it better and gains your trust.

Regards,

Phil

Phil,
Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps the Mares website should be updated to clearly explain that Head is the owner of Mares, as well as being its distributor. You have to either read the Corporate News items or look at the Head web site to get this information.
Regards, Nigel

Start counting on your fingers just how many dive industry leaders such as Phil Mintz actually contribute to this public forum (or any other for that matter). I can just about bet that you only need one hand.

The communications that I have had with Phil Mintz have exceeded two dozen or so, and he has always been a pleasure to work with.

Greg Barlow

Start counting on your fingers just how many dive industry leaders such as Phil Mintz actually contribute to this public forum (or any other for that matter). I can just about bet that you only need one hand.

The communications that I have had with Phil Mintz have exceeded two dozen or so, and he has always been a pleasure to work with.

Greg Barlow

Yup, that's the truth! I'm not in the dive business, but all my communications with ZAK and Phil have not only been speedy, but helpfull up and beyond the call of duty. They truly are doing an exemplary job here.

Cheers!:coffee:

Greg, Codman

Thanks for the supportive comments. Maybe JimLap thought he was in the "other company" forum, the one he lists that he is a Repair Tech for. :)

Jim, just kidding, but if we ever can help just let us know.

Regards,

Phil

Phill or zak , I sent in My speargun to get a Piston put in underwater sports in seattle said $120 to repair it is the quote from mares, I know the barrel is fine, look in to this for me the Invoice number from underwatersports is 10371, it is a black and green mares snubnose.

If this is true I would like to Have you send it to me and sell me the piston (the parts it takes to be in working order) like zak told me Its not a life threating Item, I should be able to have you send the parts for a few Bucks and I can put it back together and I would like some spre O-rings for the piston also. Thanx in advance to take care of this asap.

Back
Top Bottom