Mares Contact Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO the issue that the OP had (difficult to find contact info on the company web site) is the norm everywhere at this point. Having attempted to build the most cost effective support system possible myself, I can tell you that the most cost effective way to do it is to provide self help and on-line options up front and then put telephone contacts at the end. Obviously telephone contacts are expensive and the more you can enable a customer to do for themselves the better. For some, what is the most cost effective for the company is the most frustrating for the customer, and the customers that it is most frustrating to are the most knowledgeable because they've made sure their TV is plugged in and the cable is connected and don't want to spend 10 mins being asked stupid questions by someone who only knows what's in the same FAQ they just searched on-line. But what seem like stupid questions will solve 80% of the customer contacts.

But remember there are trade-offs in life. If a support chain is focused on people answering calls as your entry point into the system the cost goes up and you can often expect to have to get through a gatekeeper on the phone before you can get to a knowledgeable person (knowledgable reps cost a lot more than reps who's job is to search the FAQ for you and read canned answers that solve 80% of the calls).

I do find it very telling about how Mare's looks at their customers though that Phil and his folks are here. The company must put a substantial emphasis on customer satisfaction because a person with the title VP of diving at a corporation the size of Head...has a lot of stuff on his plate. Good for them and in the end, good for us.

Sinbad, thanks for the comments.

Aside from support here, we have our website and we also have a full software support website Software Mares Support

That said, I hate when I personally need to call a company and there is no one who wants to help you, especially considering that my purchase is one of many that keeps them in business.
We do have a customer service department, some are experianced divers so naturally they will know more than the ones who are not, but all are trained on our products. There first job is not consumer calls but consumer calls are not segmented from dealers either. The number is listed on our website under distributors but some miss this because they go to the dealer locator. It is not perfect but it is there.

Thanks again,

Phil

Wow, that was quick; thanks Phil!

RA# DIVE 5160108194
FedEx 866416727994

Ok, we received this on 9/2, it was processed to ship a replacement on 9/12. This was a combo from our Aquazone Line, Unfortunatly this item was no longer in stock and it was not noticed by the warranty department so it did not ship.

We are checking to see if we have the same item around the office, if not a substitution will ship today. Sorry for the error and delay.

Regards,

Phil

Thank you Phil; I'll just wait until I hear from the scuba store then. I appreciate your looking into it.
Vicki

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one having trouble finding a way to contact mares. I hope you can help me out! I have a couple of older mares masks that have become discolored and one of them is a lot less flexible than it used to be. Can I purchase new skirts for them, or is there somewhere that I can take them and have them repaired? I called 4 authorized mares dealers, and none could help. The last one told me that I just need to buy a new mask. Not the answer I was looking for. Any help is appreciated and thanks for taking the time to help me out!

I'm afraid I'm having difficulty locating a contact number for Mares here in the states. My husband was doing a rescue dive and the victim tore his mask off. He lost one of the strap clips. While this is a little thing we are goin on vacation soon and would like all our gear in order.
Do you know where I could order more?

The victim is fine by the way.
Jo Elen

I'm afraid I'm having difficulty locating a contact number for Mares here in the states. My husband was doing a rescue dive and the victim tore his mask off. He lost one of the strap clips. While this is a little thing we are goin on vacation soon and would like all our gear in order.
Do you know where I could order more?

The victim is fine by the way.
Jo Elen

Hi Jo Elen,

Sorry to hear about the incident, although glad to hear all is well. What mask and which clip? left right, color, buckle or strap retainer. If we have more specifics we may be able to help.

Thanks,

Zak

Hello Phil and Zak, Hope you can help me out. I joined Scubaboard in order to send you this message after having no luck finding any contact information for you on the Mares Website.
I want to first say that I have been a long time customer and I have nothing but good things to say about the quality, design, and comfort of the MARES products I have used. I spend a lot of time in the water. I work as a water photographer and a wetsuit designer, and product developer for the Spearfishing Market. I've used MARES Fins since I started Diving. I don't think there is a more comfortable fin on the market than the Avanti.
I just got a new pair of Avanti's and used them about fifteen times for snorkeling and Spearfishing, and I noticed today that one of the sidewalls of the fin cracked.. I am from the USA, but I am in Bali, Indonesia until December. I take good care of my equipment, I rinse off my fins in fresh water and store them on a flat bench out of the sunlight. The true is that all of my Avanti Fins have cracked in this same place over the past ten years.. a little ahead of my toes, first on one side then the other, first one fin, then the other.. there is an obvious weak point. But, usually this is after one year of use.. then I accept it. Not really happy about it, but I accept it. This time, I'm a little bummed out. 10-15 uses, figure 15-20 hours of use.. Crack. Can you help me out with having these replaced? Is there a model of Full foot fin that might be stronger? In the true, I would suggest that MARES modify these fins. Perhaps a different blend of materials or maybe some kind of Sidewall insert from Fiber?
Thank You for your help with this matter.
Jon
sunmonkeys@aol.com

Hi Jon,

From your description, these fins should not break after 10-15 hours. Where did you purchase them? If in the US and you are now in Bali we can try to arrange something, but if you are back in the US you would simply bring/send them back to the place of purchase with your receipt (The receipt, proof of purchase is the most important pc to have).

Which model do you have: Tre, Quattro Power, Excel? let me know or send me a PM with some contact info and we can help you out.

Regards,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom