Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Zak - was looking for some technical assistance with my new Mares Matrix computer. While uploading the dive log to Dive Organizer, it flickered, a message said communication with device was lost, and now the unit is stuck in the Divelog mode. Pressing and holding buttons in any combination seems to have no effect.

Is there a hard-reset button press than can get it "unstuck"? If I wait for the batteries to run down, will it reset itself?

Unit is only 3 months old with two ocean dives on it. Love it so far, but this glitchy software has me worried.

Thanks in advance for any help from you or the community.

just a quick querie regarding verification codes for mares computers
so we can use the dive computer training web site

im in australia and no mares dealer or importer seems to know about the codes
or it is said to register the comp and recieve it that way
but i would like to know where we register them

i have just purchased a new puck and woul like to acess the lesson
Cheers Adam

Hi,

I've had my Matrix for about a week now, and I really want to ask the battery.

At first, I unboxed the computer, plugged it into my computer using the cradle, and charged it till the battery said 100%. Within hours the battery had dropped to 30%. I plugged it in again the next day and did the software upgrade to V1.2. Again I left it to charge for two hours, and once again the 100% battery life displayed dropped quickly to about 50%.

I then decided to leave it overnight, though I have read that Li-ion Polymer batteries don't usually need a loong first charge. Anyway, after the overnight it the discharge was slower, but still way above the -/+6% per day specified in the manual.

Yesterday charged it for a few hours again, and now after about 8 hours it's down to 90%.

So here are my questions:

1 - Do you advise people to charge the computer for a longer time when charging it the first time?
2 - If charging it from a wall socket, using something like a cellphone charger, are there any specifications or warning doing this to protect the battery, such as an voltage/ampage output guideline?
3 - Seeing as my battery seems to hold more charge each time I charge it, should I keep charging it or let it discharge completely before?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Morné

I have a plain Puck (wrist-mounted), which I've had for a year and a dozen dives. I've been generally very happy with it.

On my last outing, it was fine on the first dive, but after the SI, on the second dive, it didn't switch into dive mode. I was at 45 ft, and the display was as if it were still on the surface. I could switch modes and menus and everything, but I couldn't get it to start the dive.

I have a few hypotheses, but I'm wondering if this was user-error, or if my computer is failing and I should get warranty service? I've been through the user manual several time looking for explanations, but nothing definitive came up.

1. The battery indicator was on. It turns out that I had accidentally set the date to the year 2024, and when I set the year back to 2014 (after these two dives), the battery indicator went back to normal. Could the low battery indicator have caused this?

2. Between dives, I had some questions from my buddies about depth, temps, etc., so I fiddled with the logbook and menus. I do not remember which menu I left the computer in, though, before the start of the second dive. The manual clearly states that the Puck will switch to dive mode automatically if left on the System menu, but are there other menus I might have left it in, that won't switch to dive mode automatically?

3. On Dive 1, my buddy ascended without a safety stop, so I skipped mine, even though the computer suggested one. I was nowhere near deco, and did not get any indicator of a skipped *deco* stop (which the manual says will lock the computer). Nor did I get any indicator of an out-of-control ascent. Would a skipped safety stop cause the computer to lock me out?

Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome!

P.S. Does Zak or anyone from Mares still read and respond here? It's very cool to see all the replies to older posts, but I don't see any recent replies.

I've got a Mares Smart dive watch (nicely constructed and easy to use, thanks!). I see that mine has Version 003 firmware, and a couple months ago you released V005. I'm only a 'vacation' diver, and don't have much use for a computer log of all my dives (I really don't care), so I haven't gotten the PC cable. How much of a difference will the new firmware make? Is this something I should/could typically have my local dive shop do for me?

I did something and the transmitter lost pairing with the Icon. This site saved me from having to send the transmitter back and wait 5-7 weeks for a resolution. All I had to do was to do a Factory Reset. Problem solved. Thanks for this sticky.

Hi,

I have a problem with my MARES Puck Pro. Indeed, wanting to perform an update of the firmware, go to version 3.20 to 4.00, I first had a "time-out" in the software "Dive Organizer 2.18" and then I had a power failure in my computer during this update :fail:.
However, Puck Pro was spent on "boot".
After removing the battery for more than one day, when I put the battery, Puck Pro always rekindled with the inscription "boot".
If I plug in the USB adapter, the red LED stays on and if I try to run an update, I get an error message saying "Unsuccessful Computer programming, thank you again"

I do not know what to do and I said an incident on the portal.

I am very annoyed because I have to leave in a little over two weeks and completed a certification I need a dive computer must.

Would anyone give me a solution for this problem on the Puck Pro?

Thanking you in advance, for your responses and your help, I wish you a good weekend.

Best Regards,

I am very annoyed because I have to leave in a little over two weeks and completed a certification I need a dive computer must.

I don't have a solution to the Puck problem - but for the certification - just rent a computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom