Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Zak,

I have a Mares Nemo (Non-Titanium) for about 5 years or more. Bought it when Mares first launched the Nemo and have had to send it back to the factory 3 times so far for a repair/replacement.

It was working great for the first year or so and then the display went dead, after the replacement was sent to me, the same display issue occurred again after about a year and I sent it back to the factory for a 2nd replacement. After getting the 2nd replacement, a year or two later when going for a dive, the nemo detected that it was in water with the 2 triangle symbols but didn't go into dive mode, even when I changed it to dive mode, it didn't start sensing the dive. It just showed the time (time mode) after I changed it to dive mode for awhile. Again I had to send the watch to Italy and they sent a replacement.

I recently used the new replacement in bottom timer mode as I was doing tech diving and it worked great. I then used it again for a normal dive on air and didn't have any problems. I then switched off the nemo after my last air dive and a couple of days later it switched on on it's own and started beeping showing that I was at 150m and in Deco even though the Nemo had been sitting in a bag for a couple of days. I removed the battery and replaced it with a new battery as the battery had drained from the constant beeping for two days. With the new battery in and the Nemo looking like it was ok, I switched it off again, but a day later the same 150m and in deco display was shown and it was beeping again. I again removed the battery and place it back in to reset the Nemo. I now left it in time mode and there wasn't anymore issue with the Nemo, I'm afraid to switch it off as I think it would probably again go into that same error.

I brought the Nemo for a dive again and the same problem of just showing the 2 triangles and not going to dive mode occurred. I have now removed the battery from the Nemo and left it in storage.

I would like to ask you if it is even worth sending this fourth replacement Nemo back to Italy for another replacement or would you expect the same issues to occur again on the 5th replacement Nemo?

I've spend a bunch of money on shipping both ways for replacements which could have bought me a different model dive computer by now. I've already order a Mares Puck to use as my bottom timer for my tech diving and as a back up for my normal air dives, but would still prefer to use the Nemo if possible.

Thanks,

hi, i live in melbourne australia and i need to get the battery in my nemo changed. carnt find anywhere to get this done.
please help!

Hi Please can anyone help. I have a Mares M2 and have just bought an Iris to download my dives to my PC. Installed the software including an update, positioned the M2 under the Iris as shown etc but keep getting an error message. The error seems to be that the Iris is looking for a connection to a serial port whilst the device is connected via a USB. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so what's the solution?

Looks like I might have wasted my time and money!

Thanks in anticipation of any responses.

Simon

I have a Mares Puck Wrist and tried to register it and there is no option to do so. Can any one help with another site other than www dot mares dot com Do they have another site to register the gear you buy?

I have registered with mares and also can not find an e-mail/contact # to send this question to.

Bryan

Mares Tutor incorrect depth reading.....

I recently purchased a Mares Tutor for my 11 year old daughter. I read the manual a couple of times, put a new battery in it and headed to the lake. I set the altitude and units then did 3dives with the Mares on my left arm and my uwatec luna on my right. in the first 10 feet of the dive, both computers were identical. however, as i decended, the tutor showed shallower depths. example: 30 feet tutor - 35 feet luna...........60 feet tutor - 72 feet luna.
i also have an "old school" depth gauge on a console that agreed with the luna depths as well as my dive buddies computer.

Any ideas? is there a way to "calibrate" the depth of the tutor?

thanks in advance for any input.

Are they both set to the same type of water (sea vs. fresh)?

good questiosn. i know the luna is set to freshwater, but i dont see a method to change the tutor. the manual says it is calibrated to fresh.

thanks.

I have both the Dacor Air Dawin and Dacor Darwin. They are calibrated pretty close for a first dive but on repetive dives the Air Darwin provides very little bottom. For repetitive dives the simpiler Darwin is consitent with other computers but the Air Darwin is way off. Is it possible to get the Air Dawin recalibrated? Do you have any tech advise, It only has 150 dives on it.

This is the second time asking..... Hope someone from MARS is out there

I have a Mares Puck Wrist and tried to register it and there is no option to do so. Can any one help with another site other than www dot mares dot com Do they have another site to register the gear you buy?

I have registered with mares and also can not find an e-mail/contact # to send this question to.

If this is the wrong place to ask for company help please let me know.......

Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom