Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the web site software.mares.com still active or do all the tickets just end up in the bit bucket? I posted a ticket about 24 hours ago but nothing has happened except the initial automated reply.

Now going on 5 days, still nothing.

Hi, good question. This website was managed by an external business. Next week we are retaking control, and you should see a much quicker response. I apologize for the delay, but the good news is we are making a change.

Thank you for your patience.

Zak

Hey, Zak

Just wanted to let you know I was finally able to get a friend who has PC expertise to load the newest firmware. Trying to do that with DiversLog had temporarily paper-weighted my ICON. Am diving the Florida Keys next week and am looking forward to testing it. BTW, are there any maps available for sites around Key Largo? And if there are, can they be loaded with DiversDiary?

i think i will be taking Mares to small claims..tired of this upgrade BS and lying..my box still has the cut out for this fabled "air integration unit" and that was last summer..all i hear is the same crap: "next year" the software sucks, cant even download US maps, just have stupid Italian maps..WTF! and thats being polite..no wonder my Instructor wont sell anything Mares..like I said, its just a fancy overpriced dive log..

I recently purchased an ICON HD. I have been trying to register it at the Mares website so that I can download the 2.0 firmware update. However, once I enter the serial# and purchase date and submit, I just get a "server error" message from the website and am unable to proceed to register my unit.

Is there currently a problem with the Mares website ?

Is there another way I can get the version 2.0 firmware file ?

Many thanks,

Clive Howard
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I have been using Drak to download data from my Puck for some time without any problems. However for some reason it has stopped working. The download box comes up but is "hollow" and then after a while it goes to an error message.

The puzzling thing is that my daughters Puck downloads fine using the same desktop computer, same software, same Drak interface. This makes me think it is an issue with the Puck itself. However it seems fully functional in every other way. There seems to be a little surface corrosion (redish brown colouration) on the contacts, but no more so than my daughters Puck which is downloading perfectly. I have tried scraping the contacts a little but it is awkward to get at them.

I have a whole dive trip I want to download so finding it frustrating. Any help appreciated.

I just had my first dive in the Mares mission Puck 3 - It is amazing.
Now I am facing a problem , I am used to wrist computer so what i am thinking of if I can buy a wrist mount for the puck computer and put a submersable depth gauge instead in its place in the consol.... will someone be abel to help me ?
my email is : elias_abou_jawdeh@hotmail.com.
( also I was so surprised that i got the pressure gaugein PSI and I usualy dive using metric..can this be converted ?

i think i will be taking Mares to small claims..tired of this upgrade BS and lying..my box still has the cut out for this fabled "air integration unit" and that was last summer..all i hear is the same crap: "next year" the software sucks, cant even download US maps, just have stupid Italian maps..WTF! and thats being polite..no wonder my Instructor wont sell anything Mares..like I said, its just a fancy overpriced dive log..

It's amazing that companies like Mares can get away with this. I just spent $1.5K on a new Icon HD and can't connect to the PC. There is no help with the Dive Manager software and no support and no mention of the software in the manual. I'm left to find answers on forums like this and from other individuals who have faced the problems.

Adam

Adam,
If you would like to forward me in a PM, your contact information including phone number, I can request our district sales manager to call you and try to work through any problems you may have. There shouldn't be any problems connecting the Icon HD to your home computer, laptop, or other. I'm sorry you are having difficulties, but I'm confident it is something we can work out.

I look forwar to helping you,

Zak

Zak:

I just picked up my new Icon Net Ready. Looking for the Mac Diver's Diary. The link on your download page is only to a small text file. Could you tell me where the file can be located?

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom