Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, throw it through their front window..i bought one, been waiting allmost a year, for their so called "air integration", which is a bunch of horse****..if you read all the threads on this post, you'll see obviously Mares should stick to something else other than manufacturing dive computers..i am ready to take them to small claims to get my money back..i dont know about the box yours came in, but mine came with an empty space (should have been filled with the integration part, but i guess that is for holding chewing gum, or spare washers..anywayz, even my Instructor for my divemaster course said "to hellz with them, thats why i dont sell their junk-they suck when it comes to customer service." As for just using it as a back up dive log/compass unit, nice..but that's not why i bought it..:shakehead:

yeah, throw it through their front window..i bought one, been waiting allmost a year, for their so called "air integration", which is a bunch of horse****..if you read all the threads on this post, you'll see obviously Mares should stick to something else other than manufacturing dive computers..i am ready to take them to small claims to get my money back..i dont know about the box yours came in, but mine came with an empty space (should have been filled with the integration part, but i guess that is for holding chewing gum, or spare washers..anywayz, even my Instructor for my divemaster course said "to hellz with them, thats why i dont sell their junk-they suck when it comes to customer service." As for just using it as a back up dive log/compass unit, nice..but that's not why i bought it..:shakehead:

You can now get it upgraded for a fee.

I have mixed feelings about the Mares computer and support. Their support sucks no doubt about it. Maybe that's OK for Italy but definitely not for America. And their Dive Organizer software has basic bugs, so I can't connect my HD Icon without getting error messages.

On the other hand the computer is at the leading edge of recreational computer technology. There is no other computer in that class at this time. Also if you look at other competing companies: Uwatec Sol is also very slow to make upgrades, Atomic has some big delays and teething problems and it probably will be another 1-2 years before they come out with wireless model. Oceanic is still making black and white LCD matrix displays. So you have to look in perspective.

Adam

Hi,
I am encountering the same 150M and deco issue with my nemo.
Did you ever get a resolution?
Mine started occuring after the battery went completely flat and I sent it away for a replacement.
Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers
Mike

Hi,
I am encountering the same 150M and deco issue with my nemo.
Did you ever get a resolution?
Mine started occuring after the battery went completely flat and I sent it away for a replacement.
Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers
Mike

Good Luck...... It took me months and still no solution. I have bought another computer from ANOTHER COMPANY!!!!!!

They know how to make dive computers. My MARES computer is a paperweight to remind me not to ever buy a computer from them again. They just do not seam to care so I have taken my Dive Budget to others who care and want my money.

Good luck.....

Mares Nemo Sport Issue

Hi ive had my Nemo sport for 3 years and done about 50 dives with it, i was really happy with it until luck behold i was on and 8 week diving research trip and it flooded in week one. ive never changed the battery never bashed or dropped it. just about 5 mins in to the dive at about 10 m it started beeping loads and then the screen filled with water. it seams like it flooded through the depth pressure sensor.

now being on a remote island days away from civilization and the prospect of diving for 7 more weeks without a computer, i had 2 choices, leave it closed and try send it back when i returned or open it to try dry it in the hope of a slim chance it might work. now under the advice of our dive ops manager i opened it and put it in a bag with silica gel for 72 hours. then when dry i tried to put it back together but alas no avail, it was dead.

now what im asking is did i do the right thing and is there anything i can do about it now or is it a lost case.

i mean ive always been a big mares supporter, i own quattro fins and a Pegasus bcd and mares depth console, but this has severely dampened my thoughts on remaining a customer in the future.

regards

Sarah
any advice you could give me would be gratefully recieved.

Mares Nemo Sport Issue

Hi ive had my Nemo sport for 3 years and done about 50 dives with it, i was really happy with it until luck behold i was on and 8 week diving research trip and it flooded in week one. ive never changed the battery never bashed or dropped it. just about 5 mins in to the dive at about 10 m it started beeping loads and then the screen filled with water. it seams like it flooded through the depth pressure sensor.

now being on a remote island days away from civilization and the prospect of diving for 7 more weeks without a computer, i had 2 choices, leave it closed and try send it back when i returned or open it to try dry it in the hope of a slim chance it might work. now under the advice of our dive ops manager i opened it and put it in a bag with silica gel for 72 hours. then when dry i tried to put it back together but alas no avail, it was dead.

now what im asking is did i do the right thing and is there anything i can do about it now or is it a lost case.

i mean ive always been a big mares supporter, i own quattro fins and a Pegasus bcd and mares depth console, but this has severely dampened my thoughts on remaining a customer in the future.

regards

Sarah
any advice you could give me would be gratefully recieved.

I think if salt water gets into electronics it's game over. I don't think anyone gets a reply to emails sent to Mares, but have you tried phoning them?

Adam

Hi all,
I am trying to pair my Icon HD net ready with my transmitter however I don't get paired or unsuccessful I get "timed out"... help

@costarica: You're in posting in the wrong forum, crossposting, and didn't bother to read any of the other threads.

If you have the "old" transmitter, you can pair it without it being pressurized (attached to a tank under pressure via 1st stage). Keep the transmitter more than 5 cm from the icon and initiate pairing. If it won't pair, the power saving problem has drained the battery. Have it replaced with the new transmitter. Alternatively, you can open the transmitter via the two side screws, remove the battery for a fer seconds, put the battery back in, and close carefully minding the o-ring. Try to pair.

If you have the new version, it has to be pressurized for pairing.

"Pressurized" means the transmitter is under pressure from the tank, not that you step on it or squeeze it with a door.
No, you can't trick the transmitter by blowing hard on it. The pressure has to be more than 15 bar, and no you can't produce that kind of pressure with you mouth.
No, really. You can't.
No you can't hold it tightly directly on the tank valve. Your hand can't seal that good.
No, the threads are not to big to be screwed on the 1st stage. The smaller hole you're trying to screw the transmitter to is a low pressure (LP) connection for the 2nd stage and/or the BCD inflator hose. The "HP" marking on the 1st stage is not where Harry Potter screws in his magic wand when diving. It is the high pressure port for the pressure gauge/transmitter.
No, it makes no difference that you need a low pressure of just 15 bar. The transmitter MUST be attached to the HP port of the 1st stage to be active for pairing.

Old transmitter - no lettering next to the threaded part.
New transmitter - radial CE certification and S/N next to the threaded part.

Z

I have been trying to upload my dives from my Nemo Excel onto my computer through the IRIS 2.4 and received an error message:

"DII Version Error. Must be 108 or greater."

Please advise on what I should do to get this thing to work.

Thanks
Pat

Hi Pat, I sent you a private message.

Best,

Zak

Back
Top Bottom