Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Mares

I lost the battery compartment door of my Mares M1 RGBM
Is there a spare part available ?
I'm living in France
bouchon mares m1.jpg
Thanks

Hi there. I can provide you with the part number for the battery door. Note: this computer has been out of production for several years; the part may not be available in your area. I recommend you work with a local authorized Mares dealer, which can be found through our "sales network" tab at www.mares.com or perhaps you already have a favorite shop. Most likely the store will not have this part in stock, however they can inquire with their distributor.

44200109 M1, MC1 batter door part #.

Best,

zak

I have a mares nemo titanium which works perfect apart from the fact that it doesn't tell me to do a safety stop at 6 meters. I have read somewhere that the feature could have been disabled by the previous owner and now it doesn't come up. Could anyone be of any assistance to tell me how can I re enable the safety stop feature.

Regards, Demos.

I have a Mares Matrix computer that has decided to start freaking out on me. I'm at home and it's currently saying I've just done a 1750ft dive and I need to do several deco stops, and it's giving an audible alarm that I can't turn off. I tried flashing it with the latest firmware, which stopped it for a minute, but it went right back to showing this false data. Obviously the computer is now unreliable and I can't dive with it.

Hi Mares. I have a Puck Wrist Computer that has done about 90 dives. I recently changed the battery for the first time (which is the only thing that I've changed). I have previously been able to download all my dives, but now I can't.

I'm having trouble with my interface cable I think. When I plug the cable in to my computer, the light goes green, but when I plug it into the Puck the light goes out. I try to download and it won't work.

I've put in a ticket through the web site, but haven't had a reply. Is any one able to help me please, because if I can't download my dives, I may as well buy another dive computer (which won't be a Mares if I can't get any assistance)

Hi,
Let me forward this info to our tech and see if he has any advice. Changing the batteries should not effect your capacity to download dives. So something is wrong with the drak cable, or the computer in general. I understand you have 90 dives. I don't know if you've purchased it within the last two years from an authorized dealer or not, but if you did, the computer would be under warranty as well. Let me know re: purchase date, and I'll try to get back to you by Monday re: a solution.

I also see you are in AU.. Is there a dealer near you that you can go to for help, or have you tried contacting the Mares distributor / Service center in AU? info@au.mares.com

Hey Zac. Have a new Icon HD and was wondering if I can download the new software from your site to my Mac? If not I'll borrow a friends PC If that is the case what is the process?

Thanks for getting back to me Zak. I'm starting to think the problems is with the blue interface. I downloaded the Drak software onto another computer & had the same results. The only reason I mentioned the battery change was because that was the only thing that had changed between with the interface worked & when it didn't. Unfortunately I bought the Puck & Interface in Nov 2009, so warranty is finished.

I didn't really want to have to buy another interface cable, as it's about 30% of the price of the total unit (a little expensive to buy twice, IMO). I didn't know there was a Mares Service Centre in Aus, so I'll try to contact them & see if they have any ideas also. If we can't figure out a solution, I might pass the computer onto my daughter or husband, who are both new divers & probably aren't so geeky as me in wanting to download all their data:dork2:

Thanks for your prompt reply, Zak.

---------- Post Merged on August 20th, 2012 at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was on August 19th, 2012 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quick reply from Mares AU, Ashley. I have a couple of options to check out, so hopefully it will be an easy fix. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,Zak.:)

I have a Mares Puck wrist computer that I have used for 25 dives. It is supposed to turn on automatically at 4 feet. However it seems now that it takes until about 15' until it comes on. After that, it seems to work fine, but I am definitely concerned that it does not come on when it is supposed to.

Anyone ever hear of that?

How can we I get help with an Mc1 Computer, with impossible to push buttons? Seems like there is a lot of help with the new products but not the old!

I bought a Mares Matrix computer 6 months ago, I was very happy by the compass and the clarity of the screen. Unfortunately I had serious problems with the push buttons. After 3 months, the upper left button separated from the computer. I send it for repair, had to wait one month and Mares sent a new one. After charging it completely, I wanted to set it up. To my great dissatisfaction the upper right button that is used for the set up (long push) is inoperative. I can press hard for 10 seconds, nothing happen! I may be unfortunate, but I think Mares lack the quality control of company like Suunto, which manufacture very reliable, although expensive computer.
My recommendation: don't buy a Mares Matrix now, wait a year or so in order to have Mares fixed the problem and proposes an upgraded version, or buy a Suunto D6.I

Back
Top Bottom