Mares Dragon - dive knife mount options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thedalsusa

Reaction score
Really like the BC, but it appears to miss the knife mount holes/grommets. My LDS doesn't appear to have a Mares kit or anything either. I know their are alternatives, but just curious if anything is planned or some insight to why the one thing missing exists. It's great that it came with the whistle and hose clips.

BTW - I was impressed and have become loyal to Mares when I decided to finally move from snorkeling and get my dive certification and realizing my Mares full-foot fins that I bought 13+ years ago were still in excellent shape. I've had them stored in South Florida outside in a shed, in garages, and indoors/outdoors in North Carolina during winter and summer. Used them mostly in saltwater (rinsing occasionally) and in chlorine pools (still rinsing occasionally). I'm amazed that much time has passed and the quality and quantity of time I had with them has surpassed my expectations. I would say that fin purchase was my first in "quality" dive/snorkel gear and the experience I had keeps me preferring Mares. I did just buy the Volo Powers, but my original pair will still be in my dive bag as a backup.

Hi

The Dragon does not have grommets for a knife and we do not sell an aftermarket kit. I cannot give you a specific reason as to why it does not have this feature.

If you like the BC then you would need to use another option for a knife.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom