Mares Drak error w Puck: "index was outside the bounds of the array"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff in SD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For years I've used Mares Drak to download data from our Puck dive computers. When downloading from my last day of dives, Drak gave error that index was outside the bounds of the array. (attached screenshots of process & error messages).

I've tried many things to get the data downloaded:
reinstalled Drak software
created new logbook into which I tried to download dives
created new data file.

None of these things have worked so I still can't download the dives.

I realize that this is an old system, but it has worked well for years.

Since I've done everything I can think of on the PC & software side of the dance, might there be some hiccup in the data on the dive computer? Might that need to be reset to work around this? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• Drak download failed.JPG
    Drak download failed.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Drak error.JPG
    Drak error.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Drak loading.JPG
    Drak loading.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 92
Can the dive(s) be displayed correctly on the dive computer? Does anything look strange on that dive(s)
Which number has the last dive?

Yes, on the computer the dives are displayed correctly. As I review them in the "logbook" function on the dive computer, the data all looks correct.

The dives are numbered starting with the last dive being #1. There are 75 dives in its logbook.

That’s a problem with the actual code, probably not much you can do about it. What you are seeing is called a stack trace, I’d guess this is Java based software. Can you download the dives successfully to say subsurface Subsurface | An open source divelog ?

Thanks for the reply & question.

Using Mares Dive Organizer I was able to download the dives this afternoon. So it seems there's some hiccup in the Drak software / routine.

For years I've used Drak to download then import into Scubase Dive Log. It's old and out of service, but it has served me well. I keep the dives logged there and print out the pages with the stats, profile, notes & pictures that I then put into an old-school log book.

Scubase can import from many different computers and dive data formats.

That’s a problem with the actual code, probably not much you can do about it. What you are seeing is called a stack trace, I’d guess this is Java based software.

One of the iterations of .Net, could be VB or C#.

Thank you for your responses.

As for how many dives on the Puck: Subsurface downloaded 75 dives.
As for how many dives in Drak: I've reinstalled it and moved the old log of dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom