MARES fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just tried A pair of Mares volo full foot fins in the pool last week and was not impressed seemed to severly lack power I own 5 other pairs of fins and regularly try new products in the pool . Was looking for a new pair of full foot fins and these werent for me.

Northern Shrinkage I'm glad you gave them a try. Mares tries to make fins to suit as many peoples needs as possible. The volo power and volo race (full foot) are designed to offer as much power as possible yet still provide a very easy fin to kick. There is a compromise to be made when designing an easy swimming fin. There are many people that want more power, and have the physical means to work for it. So having said that as Alex pointed out above, the Quattro Powers may be what you are looking for. We discontinued them a few years ago, but have decided to bring them back. They are extremely powerful and used by many. I have been talking to a few U/W hockey players that are extremely glad we are bringing them back. These divers need explosive power in a fin and it is my understanding this was definitely one of the preferred. I'll bet if you post something about this fin you'll get alot of great feedback. You may want to ask if you LDS intends to bring them in? Maybe they would order you a pair to sample? Anyhow, thanks for keeping the Mares products on your list of items to try.

Good luck fin hunting! :)

Best,

Zak OHara:
Northern Shrinkage I'm glad you gave them a try. Mares tries to make fins to suit as many peoples needs as possible. The volo power and volo race (full foot) are designed to offer as much power as possible yet still provide a very easy fin to kick. There is a compromise to be made when designing an easy swimming fin. There are many people that want more power, and have the physical means to work for it. So having said that as Alex pointed out above, the Quattro Powers may be what you are looking for. We discontinued them a few years ago, but have decided to bring them back. They are extremely powerful and used by many. I have been talking to a few U/W hockey players that are extremely glad we are bringing them back. These divers need explosive power in a fin and it is my understanding this was definitely one of the preferred. I'll bet if you post something about this fin you'll get alot of great feedback. You may want to ask if you LDS intends to bring them in? Maybe they would order you a pair to sample? Anyhow, thanks for keeping the Mares products on your list of items to try.

Good luck fin hunting! :)

Best,

Are the Quattro going to be available in a full foot fin ? Actualy I do use freediving fins for warm water diving but looking to find a fin with decent power with a little less length easier to pack in a full foot .

Yes, by end of this month they will be available to dealers in the U.S. and Canada.

My wife and I love are Volo power fins. We even have to go buy a new pair for my wife because of her new shoes. I would like to know if you can recommend a certain brand of spring straps that will fit our Volo's. Our scuba shop didn't have a size to fit so now I have to order some. This would be a great addition to our Bonaire trip this year.

Thanks

Zak OHara:
Yes, by end of this month they will be available to dealers in the U.S. and Canada.

Great, I need a full foot warm water fin and I have heard these are terrific. Canada by the end of the month, right? I'm going back to Asia then.

Any chance that the Quattro Power will come in colors besides silver? I know I'm getting picky and should just be happy that they are being re-released, but 5 out of 8 instructors in the shop I work for have the silver color. The yellow and blue colors that were available previously would make my life a little less confusing!

Boat Diver,
Quattro Power will only be available in the silver color. Should there be demand for another color, we could do it, but it's not on the list of things to do for now. There is always spray paint.:wink:

Zak OHara:
Boat Diver,
Quattro Power will only be available in the silver color. Should there be demand for another color, we could do it, but it's not on the list of things to do for now. There is always spray paint.:wink:

Hey ZaK, I'm just glad you guys are getting them back, remember the stink I made when it was decided to discontinue them?:D

Other than power one of the reasons they are so great for underwater hockey is they don't cut other players like the more free diving blade style does.

The Quattro is THE fin for caribbean divemasters! Now if you could get them in a 3-4 for women....

I own the Volo Race fins, and I have to say that I REALLY liked the way they worked underwater. That being said they only lasted me two years before coming apart (to be fair I dive daily, but STILL). They will break in exactly the places you would imagine. I liked the mares quatros or tres alot in the past.

By now, I imagine the Mares Quattro full-foot fins have been shipped to retailers in the US & Canada; Zak, can you confirm?

Are retailers in the Caribbean able to order these fins now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom