Mares horizon: just add water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stuart...

I just received a response back from AH...

rEvo counter-lungs are not available as parts for installation by user...and they are currently not certified to replace the rEvo counter-lungs...

Just as I had suspected...AH will be forwarding this work to OEO...as they are the only shop in the US...currently...with factory training certification...and a rEvo test chamber...

You know this is going to be the same with the Horizon...

Best...

Warren
Maybe not, the Horizon counter lungs are a completely different design.

Interesting. It was my understanding that they do rEvo servicing there. I wonder what things they do themselves and what things they send out to OE for.
It is also interesting that CLs are parts that are listed in the OE online store, with a price. But, you can't add them to your cart. But, you CAN add just about anything else. In fact, the CLs, the Apeks DS4 service kit, and an "elimination kit for Clippard MAV button" are the only things listed there that it appears you cannot buy directly. You can buy a cover, but you have to send in your old cover first.
I guess maybe AH could do everything themselves EXCEPT R&R CLs....?
Or maybe AH has some parts because it is just an ex revo service center...

Try checking out the link I posted earlier.
The Croatia site has more info than anywhere else. 1 bottle for no deco use, 2 bottles for deco use but still 40m limit. Two different class prices and agendas, depending on configuration desired.

Thanks Jack...

More information is better than less...just as less speculation is better than more...

Having said that...we as a valuable...potential... Mares Horizon purchaser should not have to scavenge for this type of information...if for no other reasons than to avoid speculation...

Still lots of unanswered questions...Mares must have had the Horizon at DEMA...I'd be interested in hearing from any of our members who may have seen the Horizon at DEMA...asked the usual volley of SCR questions...such as those being speculated in this forum...and what kind of answers they got...

This particular Croatian instructor facility aside...I've dove the Adriatic off Dubrovnik...good luck finding AL S40's in Croatia...or on most of our local ''Hot Beach'' dive destinations for that matter...unless you're travelling with your own ''small bottles'' I can still see having to dive the Horizon with AL 80's...

Further...three independent electronic systems...running off rechargeable batteries...of a type yet to be discovered...I like my fully mechanical...mass flow orifice...and fully mechanical negative pressure activated bypass for NITROX flow assurance much better...

In your Croatian link...Mares uses lots of variations of ''simple'' and ''easy''...double of one thing...triple of something else...I wonder if there's a quadruple of something in that little black box...

Best...Thanks...

Warren

Thanks Jack...

More information is better than less...just as less speculation is better than more...

Having said that...we as a valuable...potential... Mares Horizon purchaser should not have to scavenge for this type of information...if for no other reasons than to avoid speculation...

Still lots of unanswered questions...Mares must have had the Horizon at DEMA...I'd be interested in hearing from any of our members who may have seen the Horizon at DEMA...asked the usual volley of SCR questions...such as those being speculated in this forum...and what kind of answers they got...

This particular Croatian instructor facility aside...I've dove the Adriatic off Dubrovnik...good luck finding AL S40's in Croatia...or on most of our local ''Hot Beach'' dive destinations for that matter...unless you're travelling with your own ''small bottles'' I can still see having to dive the Horizon with AL 80's...

Further...three independent electronic systems...running off rechargeable batteries...of a type yet to be discovered...I like my fully mechanical...mass flow orifice...and fully mechanical negative pressure activated bypass for NITROX flow assurance much better...

In your Croatian link...Mares uses lots of variations of ''simple'' and ''easy''...double of one thing...triple of something else...I wonder if there's a quadruple of something in that little black box...

Best...Thanks...

Warren
If it was at DEMA I didn’t notice it. I did look over the regular line pretty well, and just gave the XR a quick once over, so could have missed it. Or maybe it was just too soon to bring along.

PT...

Any information/links you have or photos or videos you are able to post would be helpful...

Best...

Warren
They actually look to be set up like the(cough cough) Apocalypse, with the the scrubber inlet high and a dump valve at the bottom. I am not sure if there is a snorkel tube in the exhale lung though.

If it was at DEMA I didn’t notice it. I did look over the regular line pretty well, and just gave the XR a quick once over, so could have missed it. Or maybe it was just too soon to bring along.

Jack...

I've contacted the Croatian operator referenced in your link...waiting for a response...I'll post whatever I receive...

Best...

Warren...

Jack...

I've contacted the Croatian operator referenced in your link...waiting for a response...I'll post whatever I receive...

Best...

Warren...

Jack...All...

I've just received a quick response from Divemania in Croatia...the Horizon no deco version lists for 4000 E...the deco version which has additional hose/reg allowance for two tanks lists for 4500 E...

Currently 4500 E...is just shy of $6800 CDN...USD is approx $5230...

I was also advised that SCR...and CCR crossover courses are available...

It would certainly be nice to know what Mares is planning for the Horizon in North America...the Europeans seem to be way ahead of the curve on this...

More info is coming...I'll post as soon as I have something further...

Best...

Warren

Back
Top Bottom