Mares hybrid pure folding back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone, though the Aqualung outlaw recommendation came a couple hours too late :) After agonizing long and hard I decided to go with the Cressi Patrol. It's almost as light as the Hybrid Pure (same weight as the Pure SLS)and a little heavier than the Covert. I really liked the Covert but was worried about not having a rigid back, the smaller integrated weight system, and one less dump valve. Did I mention how bad I am in letting air out (without filling the bladder with water)? In the end I figured I would use the BCD more for local dives than trips and price won out. I live short driving distance to all the Mexican Caribbean dive sites and Belize, and on my foreign trips I would only dive maybe one day out of a month long trip, so I decided to get a more full featured one. Worse comes to worse, I'm only out $220.

Thanks everyone, though the Aqualung outlaw recommendation came a couple hours too late :) After agonizing long and hard I decided to go with the Cressi Patrol. It's almost as light as the Hybrid Pure (same weight as the Pure SLS)and a little heavier than the Covert. I really liked the Covert but was worried about not having a rigid back, the smaller integrated weight system, and one less dump valve. Did I mention how bad I am in letting air out (without filling the bladder with water)? In the end I figured I would use the BCD more for local dives than trips and price won out. I live short driving distance to all the Mexican Caribbean dive sites and Belize, and on my foreign trips I would only dive maybe one day out of a month long trip, so I decided to get a more full featured one. Worse comes to worse, I'm only out $220.

Cool! Hope it works out great for you. Have a great time on your trips. Sounds fun!

Back
Top Bottom