Mares Icon Firmware 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marduk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone know what changes are in the 2.0 firmware? Does the upgrade include the pending air integration features or is that coming later? Was there a change list posted anywhere that I missed?

And most important, has anyone done the upgrade and had any experience with it to recommend performing the upgrade?

Thanks,

Dan

I haven't downloaded the firmware yet, but am curious about the changes as well. Hope someone replies.

I've downloaded the latest firmware and I'm seeing cosmetic changes. does not incorporate in air integration yet. I'm sure your "new unit" will when you do your exchange/upgrade. i havent dove with it yet so i cant say if there any functional changes. some of the cosmetic changes that i have noticed are things like......... your o2% and mod showing up on the main scren if you're in nitrox mode. Divers name on main screen. an "actual time" being shown in both profile and extended screens. That's about all i've noticed so far.

Just did the update, and noticed their is now a timer/stopwatch feature added to the compass. I've yet to figure out how to start and stop it though, perhaps immersion is required first.

Hi guys, I have the updates and am trying to find a good way to post them in a ledgible manner. I'll try working on this tomorrow.

Best,

Zak

Mine is upgraded and used it already.
Not that much big changes. MOst important is the stop watch at the compass screen. But I'm still missing the dive time on this screen. OK, you can see the dive time if you start the timer at the begin of your dive ... But that not were it is developped for.
On the same screen you now see 6 indicators. One 180° away from the coast/boarder. One 90° to the left, one 90° to the right and one back to the coast/boarder. There are two additional triangels between to 'away'-indicator and the 90° left/right indicators. Why ???? I can't answer this.

Yep Zak, an overview of the changes on each upgrade is welcome. Maybe an update on the manual?

Hi all,
Here are some details of the changes the 2.0 Icon HD firmware update will make. I hope this is ledgible and understandable. Please forgive the grammar as this has not been completely proofed from the translation.

Best regards,

Zak

Attachments

• ICON V2 features.doc
    143 KB · Views: 188
Chris can you comment as to the start and stop procedure on the compass/timer. When I put HD in dive mode at surface, and enter compass with button 1, button 2 brings up the timer, it would appear button 3 is to start/stop it, can you confirm, I have not had the opportunity to test in water yet.

I can 't tell you my experience with the timer, did not use it yet. And to be honest, I don't see the added value. It can be nice if you like to dive squares, triangels, ... We don't
We dive in waters with very limited visuality (the 'oosterschelde'). Thus the compass mode is almost our default screen. And what's the missing info on this screen: yes, the total dive time.
Maybe on next release ?

I've found a timer useful when wanting to navigate back to the boat. For example I decended anchor line, swam 50 feet to the reef wall, tried to memorize some features and then started my watch timer while finning along wall. Once I hit turn around pressure, I simply maintained same basic pace for the return time, and started to look for anchor line. Not quite as accurate as counting fin kicks, but then I'd rather not try to keep track of that.

Back
Top Bottom