Mares ICON HD and Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could give you a date, but note it is high on the priority list. As soon as I hear something I will let you know.

Best,

Zak
Zak,
I found Mares has released the software for Mac, and I've installed and tried the DiversDiary, I like the interface very much. But how shall I upload maps and pictures? and why there's no help file with the software?
Thanks

Good afternoon,

Here is an update on our Mac compatibility initiative. I hope you find this information useful.

Divers' Diary, the software to interact between an Icon HD and a Mac computer, is available for download at

http://www.mares.com/downloads.php?cat=software&region=eu

Though this is considered a beta version, it is rather robust and complete. It can already handle firmware upgrades (a few were performed at the boot show), logbook downloads and ICE editing. Picture and map uploading will follow soon.

Both Divers' Diary and iDive will over time grow to support new and existing computers in our line-up, with priority given to Icon Air of course.

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,

Zak

Good afternoon,

Here is an update on our Mac compatibility initiative. I hope you find this information useful.

Divers' Diary, the software to interact between an Icon HD and a Mac computer, is available for download at

Zak,
Thanks for your reply, I hope the final version will come soon. I'm not sure if it's possible, I tried to use a dive log software for Mac before, MacDive, this software can manage the photos in computer with iphoto, the photos can be linked to the profile of dive with the exif information, it's very easy to read the detail information of the position where the photos be taken, will the Diver's Diary deliver a function similar with this? I believe it will be very easy to get the target. could you send this to the developing group?
Best regards.

Has anyone been able to download from a firmware version 2 Icon HD? I connect mine (I have two - one is my wife's) and it is recognized by the software, but when I try to download the software says Mares Icon HD not found. I have to disconnect and reconnect to get DC connected to USB port and then the same results. I have tried both dive computers (firmware 2), different cables, both cradle connectors, and two different Macs. Anyone with a similar experience or solution?

I seem to have mad it work? I think it was the order of things. I connected the Icon HD AFTER the computer window was opened and everythings works fine.

Jeff

Zak,
I've tried to use the icon HD in a diving pool with about 6m depth fresh water, so I set the computer to air and fresh water. Today I download the data to my Mac, but I found the O2 is 30%. Please check it.

That is very very exciting news, I am looking forward to it. I hate having to use my PC. The only two things I use it for is for the icon and of course my accounting software.
Cheers
We will have our own proprietary software / dive log manager that is completely MAC compatible in the near future.

Thanks for you post.

Best,

Zak,
I've tried to use the icon HD in a diving pool with about 6m depth fresh water, so I set the computer to air and fresh water. Today I download the data to my Mac, but I found the O2 is 30%. Please check it.

Mine shows 30% for all my air dives in salt water. It recently did two nitrox dives with Nitrox32 and they are correctly registered as 32%.

I tried manually entering some other dives and there are multiple issues. If I enter the time I entered the water, the date resets to 1970, and I am unable to enter the bottom time - give me an error no matter how I enter it, even when in the same format as the imported computer dives. A few bugs here yet, and no email to report beta issues to...:confused:

Mine is not working right, I did what it told me to do (clicking minus USBSerial in network prof) and when I want to download my dives, I click Computer, the Icon HD comes up and then I click download info from computer.... and then "Icon HD can not be found.... (so why does it show that my usb is connected?)

Come on Mares! Step up in getting this thing to work (+ Air integration) or other computers will pass you by. Not good in a down economy...

Mine shows 30% for all my air dives in salt water. It recently did two nitrox dives with Nitrox32 and they are correctly registered as 32%.

I tried manually entering some other dives and there are multiple issues. If I enter the time I entered the water, the date resets to 1970, and I am unable to enter the bottom time - give me an error no matter how I enter it, even when in the same format as the imported computer dives. A few bugs here yet, and no email to report beta issues to...:confused:

Hi Phast. I am forwarding your feedback to the computer development team. We actually have a dedicated website @ www.softwaremares.com You may even find an answer to your issue. My question for anyone having trouble is, have you deleted the original beta dive log manager and downloaded the latest from the Mares website. Then connected the Icon HD computer and proceeded with the latest firmware update. If not I suggest this, it only takes a couple of minutes, and should take care of most problems.

I hope this helps.

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom