Mares ICON HD - Dive site maps??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lrossel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
What means that feature of this new computer?

I only know the GPS maps that you can upload to your GPS unit...¿how will work this feature in the computer?

I was actually wondering that myself. Will the Icon HD provide a GPS map interface similar to what you would find on a Garmin navigation system? My Garmin Edge 705 has street maps but I can also buy topographical maps for it as well. That would probably make navigating far easier than just a straight compass.

Not that you shouldn't be proficient with a compass but some of us are "not as proficient <--me."

Claude

It can't be GPS because satellite signals doesn't penetrate water.

I hope we hear from the Mares Rep I would love to know more.

:hmmm:

Is this the mares forum?

:rofl3:

:sleeping2:

Well I was reading the description of the computer and from what I understand of it it can hold images or maps. This probably in the form of an image or something. I didn't get the impression that the computer maps dive sites. Hopefully the Mares reps will be along to confirm exactly what it does...

It's awesome looking... One day... Maybe one day...:D

May be my question was stupid...

:confused:

Not stupid!:coffee: Maybe you misinterpreted the text... But lets let the Maares guys explain exactly what it is, that way we will all know for sure!:coffee:

The ICON HD is a wonderful product . . . it was tested by our dive shop just last week. There is NO GPS and no dynamic mapping feature. The feature of which you inquire - the "Maps" - is a feature where a user can download images via USB interface to the ICON HD and then pull them up during a dive. I believe their intent was to provide the user the ability to add more colorful, more vivid representations of previously documented dive sites/maps.

There also exists a "folder" where you can view "Images" that you have downloaded to the ICON HD. An example here would be to use the very vivid HD color display of the ICON HD as opposed to multiple fish ID cards/dlates.

I am a diver with aging eyes.. this products is definitely on my list of must haves! That is, assuming they get the air-integration out as promised -- oh, and it has to work! :)

Cheers!

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom