Mares icon HD, firmware 4.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoranb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I opened this thread, as the previous one is a bit misleading as there is NO Trimix functionality in the new 4.0 firmware from Mares.

There are some apparent changes in it namely the design change.

(!) – denotes new functionality from v3.07

SETTINGS MENU
1. SET DIVE
(!) 1.2 MAX DEPTH – you can set an alarm for max depth now (10 – 56 m)

(!) 1.3 DIVE TIME – you can set an alarm for dive time now (20 – 60 min)

(!) 1.6.6 AUTOZERO RESET – requires Security code. I found a reference to autozero: "Reference pressure at the surface". So this resets it. :)

(1) 1.9 NIGHT MODE – sets night mode on/off. Black & white, higher contrast, less glare

(!) 1.13 FUTURE DECO
1.13.1 ASC + X – can set 3 – 10
1.13.1 RUNAWAY DECO – can set 2 - 4

When you enter the dive mode on the surface you can see the changes in the display which now has larger digits (icon01.jpg).

The button functions have also changed:

Button 1 (short) – Compass
Button 1 (long) – Dive menu (icon03.jpg)
AIR/NITROX – you can change your mixture mid dive
You can change the O2 %, and the ppO2 MAX and MOD are changed accordingly
LINKED MAP – displays the linked map you set in the settings before the dive
NIGHT MODE – change the day/night display mode (icon04.jpg)
MAX DEPTH – set the MAX DEPTH during the dive.

Button 2 (short) – Profile view

Button 3 (short) – Toggles between:
TEMP – STOPWATCH* – TIME – Icon battery – Probe battery – AVG DEPTH – l/min consumption
* - When STOPWATCH is selected button 2 gets a long press option, but it doesn’t do anything on the surface.
This button is available in profile display also

Button 4 (short) – back to the menu when on surface, don’t know what it does when during dive.
Button 4 (long) – displays tissue loading in all 10 compartments (icon02.jpg).
The other difference is that the tank on the right is drawn, but don’t know if that stays during the dive.

LOGBOOK:
There is a subtle change in the logbook display. In the stat display, the battery drain during the dive is shown (i.e. 92%-79%), as well as CNS loading (i.e. CNS 0%-4%)
The profile view is also changed, as the colour above the profile line is a lighter blue, and the yellow profile line is thicker. The default view is the red temperature line across. You can now press button number 4 to toggle between the temperature and the tank pressure during the dive.

PLANNER – You can change the SURF interval and individual depth for DECO and ASC time.

Also, Mares said that a new look will be available with a black rim around the display, but that there will be no differences in the hardware.

I’ll dive it this weekend and let you know what the other options shown during the dive are.

Z

Attachments

• icon01.jpg
    icon01.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 420
  • icon02.jpg
    icon02.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 399
  • icon03.jpg
    icon03.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 345
  • icon04.jpg
    icon04.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 335
Wondering where you found Version 4. The firmware download section of the Mares site only shows 3.07.

Wondering where you found Version 4. The firmware download section of the Mares site only shows 3.07.

It is there. The label on the select says 3.07 but when you sign into Mares, it will show the 4.0. Show all updates.

Just a quick update.
I paired the probe with the icon on the 1st try! (all you icon owners of the original and updated probes will know what I'm so excited about).
The icon does show the probe battery status after a several seconds of "WAIT" (battery suprisingly full) in the dive screen with the new "button 3 menu"
Z

Just a quick update.
I paired the probe with the icon on the 1st try! (all you icon owners of the original and updated probes will know what I'm so excited about).
The icon does show the probe battery status after a several seconds of "WAIT" (battery suprisingly full) in the dive screen with the new "button 3 menu"
Z

That is good news and a welcomed "new" feature.. I have not had it pair on the first try ever. I need to take a trip to the dive shop to borrow a tank to pair it. Good to hear also that the probe (transmitter) battery feature actually works as well. I guess the guy at the Mares Service Center was not kidding. This 4.0 version looks to be a jump improvement. It will be interesting to get it underwater to see what the display does. Will it continue to show the "tank" view or revert back to the old display when the dive display kicks in? Anyone tried it underwater yet?

I'll be diving it this weekend, so I'll post an update.

Just a note. I did pair the probe on the 1st try, but the probe was attached to a pressurized tank.
Ever since the new probe firmware was released, it has not been possible to pair the probe with the icon if the probe is not pressurized (min 10 bar). Even though the initial release allowed the probe to be conveniently paired when not pressurized, this option has since been removed because the probe was actively searching for the icon all the time, even when unpressurized, resulting in fast battery drain. Moreover, if the probe was stored close to the icon, the two would exchange information all the time, resulting in a dead battery very quickly.

Details: Tank module: interruption of signals, difficulty in pairing with dive computer, short battery life - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

Z

... Will it continue to show the "tank" view or revert back to the old display when the dive display kicks in? Anyone tried it underwater yet?...

I dove the Icon Net Ready Firmware V4.0 on 29th of June. It works perfect. Pairing (under pressure) at the first try. Display under water is always with tank view, it is not possible to switch to the "old" numeric display.
The best of firmware are the additional info you can get while diving, especially the battery level of the transmitter. If you need the display of the saturation bars???

Uli

Got it a little bit earlier than it was official released, and it was in May:blinking:.
But here some other new features: 1. You can set timezone and 2. (thats great:d ): you can use Icon HD Net Ready as Alarm Clock, while sleeping in your hammock on safari boat. But beep is not very loud, so I never will be awaken because I'm sleeping deep after 4 dives.

Went to the mares web site logged on and it only shows the 3.07 firmware update, can't see the 4.0. Update even when I hit the show all button

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom