Mares: Icon HD - How to delete dives from Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Super frustrating experience with "Divers Diary" so far, what a clunky pile of unintuitive yuck. Don't ask me how I really feel about it.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the dives from the logbook on the ICON HD. Bought a used computer and don't really want/need someone elses dives on there. You'd think "factory reset" would do it, but no, because what sense would that make?

Thanks

That's just absurd. Who wants a bunch of dives from someone else cluttering up their computer? If all else fails I'll figure out the bin file. I put a call in just now, hopefully they can assist.

What if a sketchy dive op lost a diver due to negligence and they deleted his computer of all evidence of the dive?

For me that's a good theory why many computers do not allow deleting the history.

What if a sketchy dive op lost a diver due to negligence and they deleted his computer of all evidence of the dive?

For me that's a good theory why many computers do not allow deleting the history.

That's a really sketchy scenario. What about the other divers? Also, if they lost the diver, how are they going to get hold of the diver's computer?

I was referring to a death not losing all contact.

You often read here about dangerous activity conducted during a certification dive for example.

Anyway just food for thought that the computer is also a black box for post mortem investigation.

So keep it hidden in memory but let me clear the dives that aren't mine from the user visible / downloadable log book.

I was referring to a death not losing all contact.

If they've got the body, it's going to be pretty hard to hide what happened. Methinks you're grasping for straws.

If they've got the body, it's going to be pretty hard to hide what happened. Methinks you're grasping for straws.
Maybe so, but can you offer any better explanation as to why just all about all manufacturers don't allow erasing dives? Do you think it's just to piss people off?

Back
Top Bottom