Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terry,

Taking the chance.. Took mine to the UPS Store this morning. Should arrive at Leisurepro address on Tuesday. Sent Joe an email last night to let him know it is on the way and asked for any expediting he could do for me. Crossing my fingers .:shakehead: Do you have the direct phone number for Joe? I don't see it in any of my emails. You can PM me with it if you don't want to post it. Thanks for all the info and your encouragement.

NabooDiver (aka Tim)

I sent a pm to ya.

I know that there are a LOT of debates about using online sites to get dive supplies. However I couldn't be more pleased with LeisurePro about the upgrade program. They made it easy and were really prompt. Can't wait to dive with it now.

Just swung by LeisurePro (unannounced) on my way home from work - nice leisurely 1 mile walk from my office. I brought in my original DC with box, accessories, manual/cd and receipt. Got directed to Joel (previously referred to as Joe in this thread), who was literally on his way out the door to go home, but stayed to process my exchange. Having checked their website for availability before coming in, I had a good feeling they *might* be able to give me an upgraded unit on the spot. Sure enough, less than 30 minutes after walking in, I was leaving with a brand new Air Integrated Model and Transmitter! Joel was also kind enough to process a return for a ScubaPro Yoke-to-DIN adapter I purchased from their website a little over a month ago not realizing it wasn't an easy on/off conversion like DIN-to-Yoke. So I got to apply the $55 to the upgrade fee. All in all, a phenomenal experience, which was rewarded by me spending a few hundred dollars on extra gear before leaving ;-)

Last edited:
I sent a pm to ya.

I know that there are a LOT of debates about using online sites to get dive supplies. However I couldn't be more pleased with LeisurePro about the upgrade program. They made it easy and were really prompt. Can't wait to dive with it now.

Terry just wanted to thank you again for the phone number to contact Joe. I called him on Wednesday and he had my icon on his bench getting it verified when I called. I gave him the credit card number and he shipped my unit out yesterday and it will arrive at the house tomorrow. Ship to new air integration return, a staggering 6 days. Man, I am pumped and can't wait until tomorrow to check out my new Mares Icon HD net computer:D.

NabooDiver (aka Tim)

Terry just wanted to thank you again for the phone number to contact Joe. I called him on Wednesday and he had my icon on his bench getting it verified when I called. I gave him the credit card number and he shipped my unit out yesterday and it will arrive at the house tomorrow. Ship to new air integration return, a staggering 6 days. Man, I am pumped and can't wait until tomorrow to check out my new Mares Icon HD net computer:D.

NabooDiver (aka Tim)

Nice! Glad I could help. I am still trying to figure out when I can test it out. May be headed to Panama City for a short weekend in the next few weeks.
Have a great time on your trip!

Terry

Nice! Glad I could help. I am still trying to figure out when I can test it out. May be headed to Panama City for a short weekend in the next few weeks.
Have a great time on your trip!

Terry

Terry,

Thanks. My computer arrived yesterday. Let it charge over night. Spent this morning upgrading to the latest firmware and pairing the module. I had trouble with the pairing. Kept timing out. Finally took the module apart, pulled the battery, put it back in and tried again. It connected and paired after that maneuver. Joe at Leisurepro was great to work with and made it an enjoyable transaction. Setup the computer, hooked up to reg and ready to go. I am trying to talk my buddy into heading to the quarry on Monday. Can't wait to try it out.

Have fun in Panama City. Hope your visibility is better when you arrive than my trip to Destin was two weeks ago. Algae bloom in the area made visibility the first day less than 10 ft at the reef and liberty ship. Better at the bridge rubble the next day with visibility around 20 ft. Moon jellyfish were thick and the other little purple ones stung like hell. Good luck.

Tim

Mine had trouble pairing too. You can pare it on one of three "channels". After three attempts on channel one, I switched it to channel two and it worked immediately.

This flooding from this tropical storm is gonna kill visibility on the gulf coast. :depressed: One thing about diving there though, you NEVER know what you are gonna get when it comes to visibility. I have started with a 40 foot vis to end up the dive with pea soup. The jellys are just as unpredictable.

Mares had hinted that this new model will eventually link with other devices. What are they talking about?

Good luck Monday. Let us know what you think.

Mine had trouble pairing too. You can pare it on one of three "channels". After three attempts on channel one, I switched it to channel two and it worked immediately.

This flooding from this tropical storm is gonna kill visibility on the gulf coast. :depressed: One thing about diving there though, you NEVER know what you are gonna get when it comes to visibility. I have started with a 40 foot vis to end up the dive with pea soup. The jellys are just as unpredictable.

Mares had hinted that this new model will eventually link with other devices. What are they talking about?

Good luck Monday. Let us know what you think.

I really have no idea what other devices Mares might have in mind. I have seen reference to a marker/beacon that might be used to navigate to the anchor line but that might be someones guess. I can't believe that would be possible as the unit has a limited range of around 5 feet but who knows.

I had to postpone the dive for today. It has been raining the last two days which will make visibility terrible at the quarry plus the temperature has bottomed into the sixties. I will try to shoot for this next weekend or some weekend this month. If not, I am going to the LDS and rent the pool for an hour just to see if it works before the trip to the Caribbean.

Mine had trouble pairing too. You can pare it on one of three "channels". After three attempts on channel one, I switched it to channel two and it worked immediately

Hi Terry,
I too have the new version of the Icon HD Net & was interested by your comment about three channels, I may be mistaken but I was under the impression the three channels you are talking about are actuallly the "Tanks & gas mixes" G1 = Gas one, G2 = Gas two G3 = Gas three.
I have been speaking with Mares (UK) as they helped me do an update on my unit, they tell me the sender uses a kind of Bluetooth technology & each sender has its own network address & kind of mac serial code so the wrist unit will only receive data from a transmitter it knows.
Its my understanding that if you have paired your transmitter to G2 (Gas two) your unit will not show the gas data on a dive until you switch the gases during a dive from Gas 1 to Gas 2.

This is what the manual says
"Choose the channel that you wish to assign
to the device (if this is your only tank
module for single gas diving, choose G1. G2
and G3 are used for multigas dives"

"After a successful pairing of G1 to Icon HD, the
pre-dive display will show the tank pressure
in either bar or psi. If tank G1 has not been
paired, Icon HD will show an empty field
instead of a pressure value"
The Mares chap said if the sender & wrist unit time out its usually because they are too close, move them to at least 2 inches away, better 3 or 4 even.

I may have totally got this wrong and it does indeed have three RF channels but couldnt remember reading about them & didnt want you to go diving and get no air data, you will have to delete the sender from G2 before pairing it with G1.

Please forgive me if I have this all wrong.

Hi last Sunday I tested mi Ocon with AI and I'm not to happy about it.first of all I charged my unit week ago pair it with AI and I put it back to box.battery was 99% charged but on Sunday morning it was only 62% (WTF ?!!!).I didn't play with unit it was sitting on the shelf,so it shouldn't discharged so much. Second thing after second dive battery wAs again around 60% , I switched to my third tank and then I noticed that comp doesn't show tank pressure.I thought that maybe I have to be in the water and start diving to activate AI.thank Hod I had manual gauge because AI didn't activate at all. After finishing diving I try to check what is going on but apparently when You hit 17% on battery comp is locking it self and you cant so anything

Hi last Sunday I tested mi Ocon with AI and I'm not to happy about it.first of all I charged my unit week ago pair it with AI and I put it back to box.battery was 99% charged but on Sunday morning it was only 62% (WTF ?!!!).I didn't play with unit it was sitting on the shelf,so it shouldn't discharged so much. Second thing after second dive battery wAs again around 60% , I switched to my third tank and then I noticed that comp doesn't show tank pressure.I thought that maybe I have to be in the water and start diving to activate AI.thank Hod I had manual gauge because AI didn't activate at all. After finishing diving I try to check what is going on but apparently when You hit 17% on battery comp is locking it self and you cant so anything

You may have a bad battery. The usual advice is it may take a few cycles to get a Li battery to keep full charge. Also I found my battery charges fast to 99% then another few hours to fully charge. I'd suggest at least for the first few charges to charge to 100%.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom