Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I suggest you email our service tech in the Boca Raton office. 51DiveWar@us.mares.com. His name is Brad and has alot of experience with the computer. I am assuming you have it pressurized? It could also be that the battery in the transmitter is low. Again I would try to correspond with Brad first. Please give him as much detail as possible, ie: serial number on the transmitter and computer. I'm sure he'll get you squared away.

Did You Hooked up your first stage with transmitter to tank?. If yes and still not getting any info from from transmitter its the same problem which I had with mine.Battery inside of transmitter is almost dead and you have to replace it(mine died after one dive).You can buy them in almost any store like Ride Aid or wallgreens Battery model is CR 123A or another symbol for the same battery its just 123

When I first got the unit I followed the directions as to placing the transmitter within in 2 inches. I then tried it time and time again moving it away a 1/4 inch at a time never would pair. So...I thought the battery was junk and replaced it. Same thing kept timing out. So after two hours of dicking around with my $1500 dollar computer, I removed the battery and let is sit for 10 minutes. After reinstalling the battery it confirmed that it paired, with a battery mind you, that is fresh. Upon reaching Cabo and after several dives it still confirms paired (G1) but no tank pressure, no 1500psi warning, no 750psi warning. WTF.

Hi, I suggest you email our service tech in the Boca Raton office. 51DiveWar@us.mares.com. His name is Brad and has alot of experience with the computer. I am assuming you have it pressurized? It could also be that the battery in the transmitter is low. Again I would try to correspond with Brad first. Please give him as much detail as possible, ie: serial number on the transmitter and computer. I'm sure he'll get you squared away.

Zak,

Just sent an email. Hopefully I can get some clarification as to why this computer is not working correctly.

I sent an email to Brad yesterday afternoon per Zak's suggestion with the full details of my problem, serial number, date of manufacture, and Firmware version....No response. Today was my last day of diving and the Mares Icon HD still does not work with air integration. I re-paired it, again....this time I get 2932psi at the start of the dive and 2932psi at the end of the dive. However, this shows up only in the log. During the dive, no air pressure reading, no 1500psi warning no 750psi warning NOTTA. Don't know if I would be a responsible diver to recommend this computer to anyone.

Just got an email from Brad. Seems to be a software issue and I will be sending the unit back for a replacement. Hopefully this cures the issue. Customer service seems to be alive and well at Mares. Stay tuned.

Even better news. I don't have to send the unit back to where it was purchased. It will be returned to Mares through the local authorized dealer and I will have a new one sent out as soon as they receive mine. Can't complain about the service. So far top notch.

Back
Top Bottom