Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will know much more by end of next week. We are holding our annual meeting and this is onoe topic I'm sure will be discussed. I do know the prototypes are in the water being tested. The tooling and molds are complete, production will be fast. I hope this helps you decide.

Best,

Hello Mr. O'Hara. Thank you for the response. I would like to point out this is the standard answer since October 14th 2010. I understand these things take time but I think it is safe to say there will not be a release in the next 60 days if it has not already been set ?​

I guess if there is more completed then you can tell us it is still possible, but to get First run manufacturing, QA, shipping to distributors, advertising and so on completed in the next 2 or 3 months would be a big feat.​

I do appreciate the response though.​

Zak,

I am sure that this question has already been asked and answered, but I bought a Mares ICON HD used, from someone in the local area. Because I purchased it USED (someone got very tired of waiting for the transmitter to be released), will I still be eligible for the AI upgraded model? In other words, what proof of purchase will I need to pay the marginal cost of the transmitter to get the new model?

John

Hi Zak/Everyone,

Looks like the long wait may be coming to an end (AI Hippee - I might eventually be able to diagnose how my air consumstion always plummits from 100 - 50 bar (230 - 100 same as everyone else ?)).

One question somebody out there might know the answer to - I've just upgrade the icon to version 2 and now all my logged dives have a red trace line in them. I've checked the new manual but it doesn't say what this line is ??? (I know there's going to be a stupidly obvious answer - just not awake this morning. Possibly saturation level ???)

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

Sorry everyone, just to clarify the red trace line appears in the profile view of the logbook.

Thanks again

Gareth

p.s. if anyone hears of the AI being in stock and available for sale in Europe b4 June 10th please let me know.

Hi Gareth,

the red line is the temperature. Unfortunately the scaling is not adapted to the temperature range so in most cases it seems to be a flat line. Only if there are bigger differences in temp you will see a 'curve'. I hope they will implement an automatically adaption to the min/max temp /may be +/- 5 °C), to make temp course more clearer.
Also they didn't integrate the temp curve into the dive Organizer. It would be nice to have the curve in chart too.

Uli

Hi Uli,
that makes sense, thanks. (Did I miss it in the manual?)
Pity they couldn't integrate a scale to make it more obvious.
Zak - maybe you could voice this feedback to the software guys for future updates?. Also can I assume that with the AI upgrade, air consumption will be part of the log (in either computer log or dive organiser) ?

Thanks again,
Gareth

Back
Top Bottom