Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like this computer more and more, it's growing on me. People were rude and called it my HD TV but now they swim over to read it because they cannot work out what their own computers are saying, (or even read their own computers). Just a few queries though...

1. Can anybody point me to a description of the tissue compartments used by Icon HD? And what the red and green colours signify? And why the bars rise and fall with no apparent logical connection to depth and time? It looks very interesting if only it meant something. And thank you to those above who explained what the red line in the profile was, temperature, how obvious, why didn't I think of that? And why is it not in the manual? And why is it not present in DiveOrganiser?

2. Firmware v2 is a significant improvement, thank you Mares, I like it.

3. Can DiveOrganiser please acknowledge DAN Asia Pacific, it only recognises Europe and USA for some reason?

4. It is nearly perfect, when it has integrated air it might approach perefect. But when?

I've just upgraded to the newest version of the log book & when I downloaded the weekends dives, it downloaded everyting again. As a result, I now have duplicated entries of all mt dives, other than the last 6.

WHY does it do this?

I've reinstalled the Dive Organizer, and the same thing happened to me. I imported the backup file, but when I connect the icon, everythng gets re-downloaded and duplicated.

I'm guessing that with the reinstall/upgrade the db loses info on what has been downloaded.

Maybe you should start a new thread, I'm sure the programmers will see it.

It's not that complicated if you haven't changed dive info on the computer.

Z

I have bought a Mares Icon in January in Spain. I used it for the first time two weeks ago. I was just surprised that before to use it it took me 36 hours !!! To fully charge it, no kidding. I had charged it completely in january and then left in its box for 4 months since I have had no occasion to dive in between.
On wednesday 18th of may I rechecked the computer since I had a dive cruise week-end to prepare. The computer refused to switch on! When I plugged it in with my computer, it switched on and then switched off as soon as it was disconnected. I finally updated the software, and it seemed to be ok, fully charged and switched on and off normally.
I went to this dive cruise, and on the second dive it switched off during the dive! So I have had to make deco based on tables, for all the other dives of the week end, so cool, thank MARES JUST ADD WATER!
Anyway, I tried to plug it in and it switched on, just did not log the last dive. I took it for the next dive and it was ok, but then, the following dive, same problem, switched off during the dive.
Now, I have bought it in spain, but i'm living in Singapore right now, so could please mares contact me in order to organize a quick exchange of the computer ? I do not intend to wait too long for it since the dive season is starting for me. Thanks

I somehow don't thing that the warranty says the device will stay charged for 5 (five) months!?

The battery of any device is formed after an initial couple of charge - discharge cycles.

Turn of the power saving feature, and charge the device fully, then let it sit and fiddle with it unitl the battery runs out. Charge it again fully, and then see how long the charge lasts. Declared battery charge is 6-7 dives (4-5 actually).

G

Sorry I was not clear. This week end I went on a cruise dive trip, my Icon was fully charged. But during the second dive, it suddenly switched off with the led blinking orange. Back on the boat, I plugged it in with power and after a little while it switched on again, showing battery level 92%. It did not logged the dive, so I could no more count on it for the remaining dives. On the third dive I took it back with me without problem but on the fourth dive it switched off during the dive again. I did not try to replug it because it need to be inspected (and changed) by Mares. I just wish someone from Mares could CONTACT ME PLEASE!!! Is it too much to ask ? AFTERSALES OF MARES SUCKS!!!

I really wish I COULD contact Mares, unfortunately, I cannot find any number to call them, and I tried to go through resellers here, and the only answer I got is "do contact them directly". WITHOUT ANY CONTACT INFORMATION, so how can I contact them now? Huh ? Any other brilliant idea ? In my first post I just asked for someone from Mares to contact me since it is the only place where I can see someone from Mares.... To bad they don't care about customers once the sale is done...

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your computer. Mares lists all of our distribution networks around the world on our website as shown by the previoius poster. The normal course of action for any warranty repair or replacement is to use the dealer network in place. With your receipt you should be able to take it to any authorized Mares dealer around the world and they should be able to help you. If they are unwilling, I would contact the store you purchased it from. I would think they will try to correct the issue in a timely manner? If that doesn't work, then contact the nearest Mares distributor to you. However I highly recommend trying the first two course of actions prior.

Thank you,

Zak

Back
Top Bottom