Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

late spring-late summer is where everyone should be thinking.

Zak

I was wondering if you could share some insight for us early adopters how the Air integration will take place. Will it be as simple as a new firmware and wireless transmitter that we will need to update to the ICON and pair with the transmitter? Or will we need to have a complete replacement unit. Curiosity is getting the best of me and hope that it ships soon. I updated from a NEMO AIR and miss the air integration. Spring spans a few months.... any way of getting a rough date? or be part of a pilot? I am diving in the caymen's for a week and would welcome the chance to test.

Thanks Richard

Zak OHara
FYI, the Icon HD will be air integrated, late 1st qtr 2010. We are offering an upgrade program to the consumer if they want to participate. If the customer purchases an Icon HD now, and would like air integration later, we will offer them a brand new computer and transmitter for the cost of the transmitter.
Hi I dont' have an exact date. I know they are diving / testing some units now. We were hoping to have the integrated unit in production and distribution by April, however it is looking like it may be a couple of more months. Could be sooner, but my experience is leading me to think a little later.
FYI, when the transmitter is available, an over the counter exchange should be made, if the dealer has a computer in stock

You take your computer or send it in to an authorized dealer. If the have the new computer in stock you pay the extra price for the air integration (which is unkown yet) and you get a new computer with the air integration.

I thought since you can upgrade the firmware on these HD's that you could just recieve a transmitter and do an update and be set but from what Zak is saying you have to swap it out.

471, Thanks for posting the quotes. While the computer has the capacity to be updated via download, the current production units do not have the needed hardware to read the air pressure. To speed up time, and convenience to the customer we are offering the new computer upgrade. Otherwise, all units would have to be sent in, opened up, refurbished, and shipped back. I think the current plan works best for the customer.

Cheers,

Those this come with the transmitter?

.................................No!
I just posted it.
FYI, when the transmitter is available, an over the counter exchange should be made, if the dealer has a computer in stock

I am still having some troubles with the ICON and connecting to my computer. If anyone has a driver that works could you send me a copy of the drivers? Send me a private message and I will give you my email address.

Thanks RAF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom