Mares Isotherm Semi-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murrayp4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've had an Isotherm for just under a year now. It's a great suit and actually keeps me dry during a dive (I wore my boxers during the last dive and wore them home after:D)
One thing is bugging me though. The description of the suit says "Instrument protection in polyurethane on the left wrist" It does have a polyurethane patch on that wrist, but I don't have a clue how its supposed to protect my computer, compass etc. Unless you wore the instrument under the patch (awkward in the extreme)
I've asked a couple of people on the boat but they are clueless too. Anyone have any ideas?:confused:

I believe it is to protect your suit from wrist mounted instruments rubbing against the suit and causing wear/damage.

Diesel is correct, glad to hear you like the suit.

Regards

Phil

My wife owns a 5mm mares wetsuit size "5" she recently wanted to buy a new 3mm wetsuit, went to the LDS and tried on a size 14, she felt that she could benefit from more length and wanted to order in a size 16. The dive shop owner stated that the pattern and cut is going to change because the size 14 is last years model and the 16 we ordered is this years model, also he mentioned that mares is doing away with the single digit sizing and going to universal clothing sizes, i.e. size 10,12,14,16. The wetsuit ordered is the Mares extra stretchy material...not certain of the trade name for your material

Eric,
Your LDS is sort of correct. We are introducing in Jan a new line of 3mm suits. For 2007 in 3mm you will have 2 options.
  • Trilastic Deluxe 3.2.2mm
  • Tropic 3mm
The Tropic pattern will be different. It will represent the She Dives line and look very similar to our current 5.4.3mm suit which can be viewed at http://mares.com/product_detail.php?id=225&region=USA. Sizing will be the same as 2006, womens size 6 - 16. The Tropic will utilize many new features including our Trilastic material (extremely flexible).

The Deluxe 3.2.2 will also closely resemble the She Dives line, note there are cosmetic differences between this suit and the Tropic. It will utilize a new material on the inside of the suit called Dryfire . This material will not retain water, dries quickly, and actually wicks moisture away resulting in increased heat retention. There are also many new features to this suit as well.

Back
Top Bottom