Mares Liquid Skin leaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8251reefer

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First of all the mask looks and feels great on my face and is the most comfortable mask I have ever worn, I even got complements from another diver in the water as he was swimming in and I was swimming out. It looks and feels great but this one for some reason does not keep the water out...
It fits my face just fine and has a great seal out of water even with my Reg in and everything but to no avail it seems to leak near the buttom right side every time. Is this a faulty mask? I just got it and just dove with it in Venice, FL yesterday for the first time. Please give me some guidance...thanks. By the way MARES I love my DRAGON BC, MR12 Proton Reg and Octo and 5/4/3 Trilastic wetsuit but this mask left me with a lot to be desired...

My second Liquid Skin leaked at the lens. The first mask was lost. It was easy to see that one of the pieces was not clipped down properly. I had it replaced, and now life is back to normal. I am happy with my Liquid Skin and would not change for another mask at this time.

Carefully inspect around the lens' to see if there is any kind of a gap.

Hi,

We can't tell from the post if it is a fit issue or mask issue, but bring it back to the place of purchase and they can check it out. Certainly it is covered under warranty and we will assist to make you a happy customer.

Regards

Phil

Hi,

We can't tell from the post if it is a fit issue or mask issue, but bring it back to the place of purchase and they can check it out. Certainly it is covered under warranty and we will assist to make you a happy customer.

Regards

Phil

Phil,
I purchased this mask in Guam and I cannot take it back to the store of purchase ( I am in Florida), can I have my loval dive shop take a look at it? I hate having an $80 mask that I cannot use. Thanks for answering so quickly.

PM me the name of your local shop. I can ask them to take a look and check the fit. (as long as they are a Mares Dealer).

Phil

Reefer, if water is getting in, then out of the water the "seal test" should also not be very good (air getting in instead of water). Are you sure with your out of water test the seal is good? If so, then what is different between your out of water test and your diving? Hood, anything else??? Something is certainly causing this leak once in the water... Because if it seals out of water, it should also seal in water...

I also loved the feel of the liquid skin, but unfortunately it would not seal my face properly. I had to go back to my regular X-vision! :(

Just my 0.02$:coffee:

First of all the mask looks and feels great on my face and is the most comfortable mask I have ever worn, I even got complements from another diver in the water as he was swimming in and I was swimming out. It looks and feels great but this one for some reason does not keep the water out...
It fits my face just fine and has a great seal out of water even with my Reg in and everything but to no avail it seems to leak near the buttom right side every time. Is this a faulty mask? I just got it and just dove with it in Venice, FL yesterday for the first time. Please give me some guidance...thanks. By the way MARES I love my DRAGON BC, MR12 Proton Reg and Octo and 5/4/3 Trilastic wetsuit but this mask left me with a lot to be desired...

I don't dive with a hood and I am baffled with it as well. It is one of the best constructed masks I have ever used and it is so comfortable. I dove all day with it with no face marks at all..It just seemed to leak a bit. I am doing what the good guys at MARES told me to do and have my LDS take a look at it and its fitment. Anyways, thanks for responding..and Phil thanks for keeping the great customer service that I come to expect from MARES...I will let you know what the LDS says tommorrow or Friday. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom