Mares M1 RGBM Altitude programme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimclarke

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Altitude diving with MARES M1 RGBM

Cany you help me?

In the altitude mode does the computer
1) assume that a diver has acclimatised (desaturated) at altitude before commencing the dive.
OR
2) assume that the diver begins the dive with a sea level nitrogen loading?

Many thanks in advance.

Jim

PS Despite the heavy buttons I am pleased with the computer so far .......primarily because I am not bent.

I don't understand your question. Are you suggesting hypothetically, you do a dive at sea level, then proceed up the mountain for another dive in the same day?

Zak

Zak,
No. I am assuming that I am using accomodation at sea level. I then go up to altitude to make a dive.
I could make an immediate dive or if I wait at altitude before diving I will off gas a considerable amount of nitrogen first.
Which behaviour is the computer algorithum based on?
Have I explained myself better?
Jim
By the way, Thanks for your quick response.

Jim,

This is a new question for me. I am working on getting a clear and precise answer for you. Italy is on the other side of the planet, so hang in there, I haven't forgotten.

Zak

Jim,

The algorithm is based off the safest possible method. Use the computer as it is designed. Change the mode to altitude and set it according to the altitude you are at. Go diving. Hope this helps.

Best,

that does not quite answer the question, I think.

Acording to standard diving teaching, they say you should wait somewhere between 2 to 12 hours after arrival at altitude above I think 700meters.

So with this in mind, does the computer that this into play or does it asume that the diver would have waited?

I would like to add that my Nemo has 3 "Personal" setting which shorten dive times. So I would suggest if you really can't wait to get in the water you set this on the best saftey margin.

Ok,
I am going to check w/ our computer engineers on this, to be sure. I want to assume our computers do not take into consideration acclimitazation. But to be on the safe side, I'll get confirmation and post back soon.

Cheers,

Spankey,
Thanks for your clariification. You hit the nail squarely on the head.
Zak,
I appreciate your help.
Cheers
Jim

Zak,
any news from the engineers?
Jim

Jim,

Just got an email from Italy today. The algorithym we are using, assumes the diver has acclimated at altitude.

Best,
Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom