MARES M1-rgbm & IRIS (with NITROX )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DI_Guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A question for the Mares representatives.

I have a MARES M1-rgbm computer and also an IRIS infrared interface. All has worked flawlessly until April of this year. When I try to download the data from the dive computer via the IRIS, I get an error ... " RUN-TIME ERROR 6 - OVERFLOW " and the IRIS software locks up and shuts down.

I was running on Version 2.1.1 and have since downloaded version 2.2.2 and I get the same results.

I did a download from another M1-rgbm and everything worked fine, ( all 50 dives downloaded ). Therefore my PC, my serial cable, my IRIS, and my IRIS software are fine.

The only difference is NITROX. I started diving EAN32 Nitrox in April and I have a feeling that the IRIS software can't handle the additional NITROX information in the database.

RUN-TIME ERROR 6 "overflow" is a data base error ( I think ). I am going to borrow another computer that has never been used for a NITROX dive, download the existing dives, and then do a NITROX dive on it, and see if it downloads then.

My question is... Does Version 2.2.2 software on the IRIS allow a Nitrox dive download ?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

DI_Guy

Hi DI_Guy

Yes, version 2.2.2 allows Nitrox download. It sounds like the M1 and your PC are fine, the problem may be in the IRIS. This is just a loose assumption as we have not examined the IRIS. I suggest that you take your IRIS back to the store you bought it from.

Phil

Director of Sales and Marketing
Mares Diving USA

Phil Mintz:
Hi DI_Guy

Yes, version 2.2.2 allows Nitrox download. It sounds like the M1 and your PC are fine, the problem may be in the IRIS. This is just a loose assumption as we have not examined the IRIS. I suggest that you take your IRIS back to the store you bought it from.

Phil

Director of Sales and Marketing
Mares Diving USA

Hi Phil:

Thanks for getting back to me. I have done more testing and investigating since my last post.

Here are the facts, so far.

1. Other M1-rgbm dive computers can transfer to my IRIS software via my IRIS

Conclusion: My IRIS IR interface, serial cable, and IRIS software appears to be OK )

2. My MC1-rgbm dive computer can transfer to another PC via their IRIS IR interface and their IRIS software V 2.1.1

Conclusion: My dive computer's IR output appears to be OK

3. I have tried Version 2.1.1 and Version 2.2.2 of the IRIS software ( no difference )

4. I have deleted all files, folders, etc. that I could find that dealt with IRIS and then tried downloading the latest version 2.2.2 and reinstalling it.

5. Nitrox or Air dives do not appear to be factor as I first suspected.

I have a feeling RUN-TIME ERROR 6 "Overflow" has to do with a corrupted data base.

Maybe I have lost a DLL file or there is a bad registry key.

Runtime Error 6 "Overflow" seems to be related to a data base error for MS Access as if one of the dive parameters is outside of the allowable range.

Do you have any other suggestions. This one is a tough one. I appreciate your help.

I even went out an bought a serial to USB convertor. Still the same fault.

DI_Guy

Our Technician is working on a solution, I believe you guys are in contact. He should have an answer shortly.

Phil

Phil Mintz:
Our Technician is working on a solution, I believe you guys are in contact. He should have an answer shortly.

Phil

Thanks Phil:

Yes I have passed on the same information to him. I want to say that I am extremely pleased with his assistance on this one. He has gone above and beyond the "call of duty" with helping me and I really appreciate that.

DI_Guy

Hello, I have the m1 rgbm and Iris and have no problems downloading but I dohave a problem of all my dives since my original 48th dive not downloading a profile,,,HELP!!!!!!!!!! that is one of the main reasons I even bought the set up, any help would be appreciated

scharmack:
Hello, I have the m1 rgbm and Iris and have no problems downloading but I dohave a problem of all my dives since my original 48th dive not downloading a profile,,,HELP!!!!!!!!!! that is one of the main reasons I even bought the set up, any help would be appreciated

Scharmack:

PM sent to you

scharmack,

I have sent a note to our technician who developed the iris, I will get you an answer asap.

Best regards,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom