Mares Mobby ICE Fit 4.0 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwiz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi, i am a huge fan of the mares product line, and i am considering this drysuit. Mares Mobby ICE Fit 4.0 Drysuit . i currently dive a whites nexus with boots installed, and i enjoy it. i would just like to know any personal pros and cons of this mares drysuit. also, i live in nova scotia canada and right now our diving is 42f and will be much colder soon.

Hi JWIZ,

Thanks for your support of Mares products! I'll try to answer your question.

• The Icefit suit is a great drysuit. It is made of a compressed neoprene material. It essentially is 8mm neoprene compressed to approx 4mm thickness. The suit by itself offers thermal protection of an 8mm suit, with the flexibility of a 4mm. Inside lining is a proprietary material affording a little extra warmth, and with the appropriate layers of undergarments this is a very toasty suit. In comparison to what you are currently using, the Icefit will be more tailored and streamlined in the water reducing drag. Also due to the material difference (neoprene, vs shell type) you should also notice extra flexibility and comfort.
  • The boots are similar to that of a shoe with a hard sole that flexes for good stability, and a vulcanized protective cover on the top running up into the shin for durability.
  • All seals are latex.
  • We utilize Sytek valves for dependable venting and inflation.
  • The LP inflator hose has one tab on either side for easier disconnect while wearing gloves.
  • The suit comes with suspenders for support while diving and inbetween dives.
  • Suit comes with a drybag for storage inbetween dives
  • Comes with a heavy duty YKK back zipper
  • Comes with a nice collar and wrist cuffs with zippers for extra thermal protection over the latex seals
At the end of the day this is an excellent suit at a great price. Very high quality and will last a long time. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask and I'll do my best.

Happy Holidays!

this was exactly the answer i was looking for. i look foward to purchacing one of these suits soon, thank you for the information.

Are these discontinued? My local largest retailer (ScubaToys) doesnt seem to carry them anymore, and I'm seeing an awful lot of big discounts on ebay for the DryFit and IceFit.

Figures, since I may finally be able to buy one this year. May anyway, but want to know in case that influences future repairability....

Are these discontinued? My local largest retailer (ScubaToys) doesnt seem to carry them anymore, and I'm seeing an awful lot of big discounts on ebay for the DryFit and IceFit.

Figures, since I may finally be able to buy one this year. May anyway, but want to know in case that influences future repairability....

The Dryfit drysuit is discontinued in the U.S. We still offer the Icefit and Polarfit suits. Service on these products will not present a problem, even if we should discontinue them. The reality is we contract outside companies to do the service on the Mobby's drysuits. If there were a problem, you will go to a local Mares retailer and they will help you. You are absolutely safe should you purchase one of these great drysuits.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Zak: Thanks for the answer. So if I can 'score' a cheap Dryfit, it may be worth it. Sure makes the starter penalty of a first drysuit purchase a lot lower! :wink: (Never having worn a drysuit aside from a single dive test in a DUI which I really hated -- perhaps unfairly, I don't think it was fitted right at all -- I'm sure leaning toward the smooshed neoprene style vs. the baggy membrane style...but as we all know with experience comes knowledge and there's always a chance my tastes might go the other way in time...at which point I'll be asking about the PolarFit! <heh heh> )

Are there any major differences between 2008 and 2009 IceFit, should I also seek out a clearance model there?

(p.s. I finally in some searches ran across the Aqualung Blizzard pro, which sure looks like a copy of the Icefit. Of course I don't know who premiered it first, but still....the similarities are shocking!)

hi my name is tom.
do you need to were a under garnment when i am using a mares ice fit dry suit

please help me:D

tom,

This is a subjective question. The Icefit drysuit offers thermal protection of approximately a 7mm wetsuit on it's own. If you are one that is inherently cold or are diving in very cold water, you may feel the need to wear something underneath. I find at most 200wt thinsulate is the max one would use. We have an undergarment 200wt (Comfort Soft) which compliments the suit nicely.

Thanks for asking,

i have just been on the aquq lung wbsite and it sais that i can wee a 1mm wetsuit under my dry suit

could you please tell me what a good 1mm mares wetsuit would cost

I had problems with the drysuit boots (which would require ankle weights for real buoyancy control) and had the suit modified to remove the boots, and substitute trilam socks instead. I LOVE the combo - more posts will be coming

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom