Mares MR12 III (Which Model?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmildred

New
Reaction score
I have recently been given a MARES regulator and am having trouble identifying the exact model in order to source parts. It is in very good condition but is approx 15 years old. The 1st stage is a diaphram unit with 3 LP ports and 1 HP port. The serial no is D61756. The second stage is a metal case unit with a metal (Chrome) clamp ring. The purge button has the model as MR 12 III. The serial no is 05169 161.

The sides of the 1st stage are parallel (cylindrical) and the sides of the yoke fitting are also straight. See photos.

I have downloaded the technical details from the MARES website but none of the diagrams match my unit exactly.Axis seems the closest. Scubastore has parts and Vance Harlow's book is a great help but I need to be sure.

This is, in fact, a Mares MR 12III regulator. I have two of them. I purchased them in 1986. I am not sure when they were discontinued. There is still no problem in getting parts for them as I continue to have mine serviced annually.

Scubastore (DiveInn) do not list parts specifically for an MR12 III but they do list generically for an MR12 and other models eg MR22 etc. Have the internal components of the MR12 series remained the same despite external cosmetic differences over the 20 odd year production cycle? Does anyone know?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom