Mares MR12-Navy Regulator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediver009

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures or Manuals of what a Mares Navy regulator looks like. I am emailing back and for with a guy to buy one. Don't worry I am not intending on using it as a primary, just as a pony or even a pool reg... It is attached to an MR12 first stage if that makes a diffence. I have just never come across one and wondered what the thing looks like, and Mares doesn't make them any more. Believe it or not a search on the internet turned up nothing.
thanks in advance.

I had 2 MR-12 Navys in the early-mid 90's. I don't have a picture, but as I recall, the second stage was black plastic with a fluorescent lettered purge. It had the typical Mares screw off cover with the little red lock.
The reason I had 2 was that I was working on a dive boat at the time, and the first one developed a stuttering problem that neither the lds nor the Mares rep could correct, so the rep just gave me a new reg.
The Navy was an easy breathing reg, but the MR-12 first stage just ate high pressure seats. It would start leaking in about 50 dives, and when one is in the water almost every day, that is not very long.
I don't know if Mares has changed the material in their high pressure seats. It would probably be ok for the purposes you describe, or for the average recreational diver, however.

rescuediver009:
Anyone have any pictures or Manuals of what a Mares Navy regulator looks like.

A picture. :)

:))s CAF

I dive the MR12 Navy on my left post. It's a newer MR12 with Dynamic Flow Control. I used it as my primary for a couple years. Had the seat replaced twice. Performs like a champ, a very nice breather and is cheap and easy to service!

thanks for all the replies. He wanted too much...

It's no secret that I'm a Mares fan, but...The Navy was overly complicated. The later versions are much simpler, and offer better breathing characteristics.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom