Mares MR16 Voltrex DIN 1st-stage part # ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a Mares MR16-Voltrex reg, a while back I had my dive shop (since then out of business) install a DIN 1st-stage kit, as originally it was a Yoke 1st-stage.
This reg became a back-up reg for me, so I haven't dove it in a while, but this weekend I took it out of the box to prepare it for next years dive season, and have come to discover that I can't get the 1st-stage so seal properly to the tank valve...I've screwed the DIN 1st-stage directly into my 232-bar tank valve......and I've also tried 3 different brands of DIN-to-yoke screw-on adapters...and it's impossible for me to get a seal either.
..... I'm beginning to think a mistake was made somewhere, with respect to my having installed the 'wrong' Mares DIN kit........... I had this DIN kit installed :

part # 416803 300NR " 300 BAR NORMALE " ( Din Connector V16 - MR16 )

I'm thinking the problem is I'm using a 300 bar DIN kit and I should be using a 232 bar DIN kit...... is this the case, and if so, can anyone please tell be the correct part # I should have ordered from Mares ?

Thank you,

Karl

There was a 200 Bar kit for the v16, part # 4183038. This is an older part an I am not sure if you will still find it, where are you located?

Phil Mintz:
There was a 200 Bar kit for the v16, part # 4183038. This is an older part an I am not sure if you will still find it, where are you located?

Hi Phil,

I'm located in the Dallas / Ft. Worth Texas area...... I'm going to drop by one of my local dive shops on the way home from work tomorrow evening and have them take a preliminary look at the reg....now I think it leaking from where the DIN kit screws into the 1st-stage, I'm thinking the DIN kit may have rotated loose....again !
I don't know if it's a simple matter of strongly tightening that down...or if it's a matter of needing to use Locktite on the DIN threads to keep it secure ? The Yoke kit it originally came with seems to have something like Locktite residue on the threads it's the part we removed to install the DIN kit.
...once we've sorted that 'issue' out, I can then address the issue of whether I still need a 232 or 200 bar DIN kit, versus the 300 bar DIN kit presently installed on the reg, right now I think the 300 bar DIN fits OK and that the problem is the DIN kit installation....... let me update you tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom