Mares MRS plus hybrid BCD woman - two versions, one with adjustable chest strap and one without

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!

I have recently purchased a Mares MRS Plus hybrid BCD for women, but when it arrived it did not have the adjustable chest strap as was depicted in the picture on the sellers website.

The Serial number on the BCD I received is 17 17 11076.

I tried to contact the seller and they did not want to help me, they told me the version I received was the latest one on the market and I would have to contact Mares myself if I wanted an answer.

The one I received looks like the one in this website, it has the chest strap sewn in place, definitely not adjustable (I did not purchase from them but they are the only ones with the picture of my version):
Mares Hybrid She Dives BCD

The one I thought I ordered looks like this
mares-hybrid-mrs-plus-she-dives.jpg

There are also other subtle differences like the color of the rings and the color of the dump valve.

Can someone help me explain what is going on here?

Is the version without adjustable chest strap the newest version and in that case why would Mares remove that feature? Some woman (like me) need to have the chest strap a little higher and this is one of the reasons I chose this BCD.

I hope someone will help me.

best
Kristin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom