Mares MV 12S Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all. New to SB. I recently bought this reg and it hums terribly on inhale. It sounds like a toy kazoo. I thought it only sounded loud in my head but when I played back a gopro video the sound is very noticeable. I thought maybe since the reg was new it would stop after a few minutes of use but it continued throughout the entire time though two dives.

Should I send it back to Maers or is there some other solution? Thanks for any and all input.

Marty

This isn't that helpful of a reply but some regulators can be pretty noisy in general. I myself have a mares abyss that makes that kazoo humming noise you're describing. It's very distinct. It made that noise off the shelf when I bought it and after proper service still made it. Just a characteristic of the particular reg I had.

May be normal for your reg. Someone else will need to comment about your specific model however.

Back
Top Bottom