Mares Nemo Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raji,

I am happy to inform you this is not a problem. This is normal. You are seeing an internal piece of the watch. They all have this visibility when illuminated by the backlight.

Best regards,

Zak

To dove-tail off of what Zack (the admitted expert). That "circle" you are seeing, is actually the IR sensor-interface for downloading with your IRIS.

Hi Zak,

I am hoping you can help. I've had my Mares Nemo Excel for a little over 2 years. It has worked flawlessly for over 200 dives. It started flashing 9999 when turned on before diving. I thought it may be a low battery indicator. I used it while wearing a back up and it was fine on the first dive of the day. On dive 2 it went into a set up mode and would not work. I had it sent to a Mares shop in Bangkok and thought it was a battery issue. They claim it is not the battery, but rather a software glitch requiring it to be sent back to Italy. I will pick it up tomorrow from my local shop in Pattaya. They do not actually work on Mars computers and sent it the dealer.

Questions:

If I have the original receipt will this type of repair be covered?

Would ordering in the cable to sync with a laptop be beneficial for a firmware upgrade?

Have you heard of something like this before?

I am in between jobs currently and will not have access to my purchase receipt for about a month. Is there anything you recommend?

Thank you in advance,

Hi all,

I just bought the Mares Nemo Excel and its a great dive computer, however after each dive I would like to know when its safe to decent again and how long gap I should give between the dives according to the Nemo Excel ?

Where can I see this ?

There is a planning mode you can access. Best to leave an hour between dives regardless IMO, but the planning mode takes into account your previous dive profile and calculates max non deco time at each depth within recreational limits.

Really go through the manual and make sure you understand NDL time limits & deco procedures should you accidentally violate an NDL.

For anyone reading my previous post, nothing but kudos for scubatoys. I sent the Mares Excel back to them even though out of warranty. I emailed first. They sent it to Mares and within a few month a new one was sent to my house. Nothing was promised, but they went the extra step.

All,

While it can be an inconvience, we do reccomend that you bring it to an authorized service center for battery change. We had a lot of the original Nemo's coming back flooded and most were due to improper battery replacement. In our technical seminars we are now training dealers to change the battery also, so some LDS can do this, but only if they have been taught. It is not that the process is so difficult, but it is not worth ruining a computer if you are not completely sure.

Regards

Phil
I would like to replace my own battery, just would like to know if there is anything special I should know
Mares Nemo

4 screws - gasket corner is different having the sensor holes (I have a spare gasket from purchase new)

unscrew then replace battery new gasket tighten (how much ?) loctite ? -

If they do it it isnt a gurantee that it wont flood either so I have heard. and 35 +parts isnt what I call great , secondly trusting the royal mail even secure delivery that it wont get knocked around isnt on my list or wants. I hope they get the 'royal' stripped. Anyway thanks for your advice and if you have tried previous.

I need to replace the battery on my Nemo Excel and been quoted £40 for the job in UK. Isn't this a bit to much for the battery that cost £1? Does anyone know how much they should charge for this in UK and where to do it in Cornwall?

Thanks

Pes. You can find an authorized Mares Lab dealer on our website Authorized Dealers - Sales Network - Mares - just add water. They will be able to help. The fact is, to properly replace the battery, it requires quite some time for labor and some speciatly tools to ensure water tight integrity. Battery needs to be replaced, unit cleaned, etc. set in a pressure pot, checked, re pressured in the pot, all in all if don't properly it could be up to 6-7 hours of active and inactive time. This all costs money. I didn't convert your quote of 40L to $ but sounds probably close to what we charge over here. I hope this helps, Zak

hi
I bought brand new mares nemo apneist watch in dealers shop in Italy and when i opened box he was turn on and he had 1 dive saved in logbook im interested is that normal or i bought used watch
thanks

Hi,

The 1 logged dive is from testing at manufacturing. We test all watches in apressure chamber to ensure waterproof integrity. By default this will log atleast one dive.

I'm confident you received a new watch. Enjoy, it's great!

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom