Mares Nemo - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AC Boy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I own a Mares Nemo for more than a year now (with about 50+ dives logged in them), and it has not given me any problems until my last dive trip.

It was during a surface interval that I decided to check the dive history for my previous dive. But when I got into the 'Log Book' function of my Nemo, I was shocked to find that only the more recent dive histories were left in the computer (abt 5-6 dives), and the rest had simply vanished! However, the computer still showed that I had abt 50+ dives recorded in the computer.

I mentioned this to the local Mares distributor and they have no idea what went wrong. I'm just wondering if this was caused by some software bug, or should I have downloaded my dive histories onto my computer? :huh:

If anyone from Mares can help to shed some light on this, it would be great!

I have never had that problem, but if it is a possible bug in the program take it back to your store. Let me know becasue I have one too

Hi,

Just thought I'd give a short update on this problem of mine. Since my first post, Phil Mintz suggested that I bring my Nemo down again to my local Mares distributor to try and fix the problem. And boy was I pissed from that visit...

When I reminded them of the problem I had (what was obviously a software bug), they seemed to doubt me and asked if I had inadvertantly "messed" with my computer. For crying out loud... if my Nemo showed that there were 50+ dives logged in its history, and it only showed dive data for abt 15-20 dives... go figure! :confused: Anyway, I told them I would be going to Bali for a dive trip in mid-June and asked if they could get it fixed in time for my trip. They told me they would have to send it to Mares HQ to do this, and in view of the tight schedule, asked me to pay for the express courier charges. And there I was thinking - there is a software bug in my Nemo (and I definitely did not mess with it) and in any case, the local distributor has to do something abt this (regardless if they have to send it back to Italy). Granted that my Nemo is no longer under warranty, but why would I have to fork out additional $ to cover courier charges? Anyway, I decided to bring my "kaput" Nemo on my dive trip and fix it after.

Lo' and behold, the same problem occurred again - the remaining dive data of abt 15-20 dives vanished and all I'm left with now is dive data of my last 2 dives. What's worse this time is that the times of my dives changes by the day - it read 8.30am on one day, and 5.30am the next!!! :lol:

I'm now back in Singapore and gonna give one last shot at trying to salvage my Nemo (although I'm terribly irked at the thought of going down to my local distributor). :shakehead

WHy not call Mares president. I havd a problem and he ended up taking care of it. I should check mine now to see if it matches my dives

AC Boy, not being an expert or anything close, but could battery level be in cause? I've had other battery operated computers/watches (bicycle training computers) go fritzy on me because of low battery voltage. And the low battery sign hadden't even lit up...:shakehead

Anyways, like I said I'm not expert, but this was just a thought...

Why don't you give Phil a PM about this and see what he says? I sympathise with your dealing with a crappy dealer... Then they wonder why you go mailorder on them....:shakehead

Good luck!!!!

AC Boy,

I am sorry you had this problem, they should have just taken care of it for you. If you PM me your contact info, I will have our company representative in charge of Singapore assist you.

Phil

Adrisen, whats the name and phone of the Mares president? Does he have a USA phone number?
Phil I sent you a PM related to a BC.
thanks
James

Epic I don't have it, He called me directly. I have also had the pleasure of having the assistance of Mr Phil Mintz. HE will do everything to help you. I am sure Mr. Mintz can get you the assistance that you require.

Mr. Mintz will be of great assistance. How many other "Directors of Sales and Marketing" take the time to post on this site? As far as I am concerned, Mares is top notch.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom