Mares Nemo - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been in contact with Julie Ohara, the west coast sales director, who is followng up. I'll let you know if the new Mares fins and BC perform better then the old did, both of which broke.

I have the same problem as AC BOY. I have PM Phil and really hope to have a solution to this.

devol:
I have the same problem as AC BOY. I have PM Phil and really hope to have a solution to this.

Hi devol,

Hope you've had some luck with resolving the problem with your Nemo, and would love to hear your progress on this. Unfortunately for me, I've not been able to find the time to bring it down to the local distributor to get mine fixed :(

AC Boy:
Hi,

I own a Mares Nemo for more than a year now (with about 50+ dives logged in them), and it has not given me any problems until my last dive trip.

It was during a surface interval that I decided to check the dive history for my previous dive. But when I got into the 'Log Book' function of my Nemo, I was shocked to find that only the more recent dive histories were left in the computer (abt 5-6 dives), and the rest had simply vanished! However, the computer still showed that I had abt 50+ dives recorded in the computer.

I mentioned this to the local Mares distributor and they have no idea what went wrong. I'm just wondering if this was caused by some software bug, or should I have downloaded my dive histories onto my computer? :huh:

If anyone from Mares can help to shed some light on this, it would be great!

My NEMO has done this 2x already. I tried changing the battery and had a professional watch dealer check the seals. I have found no reason for why this happens. I'd like the name of a distributor in the Boston area please?

Hi Ac Boy,

Phil had been a great help. The local dealer had contact me thu the help of Phil. But very angry with the singapore dealer. My nemo only 1 yr 2 month. And this is really a bug from the manufacturer but i need to pay $150/- for shipping back to Italy. Isnt this ABSURD?? I really think they must cover the shipping cost! But really must thk Phil for his help.

Poseidongirl,

I will get an answer back to a good Mares dealer in Boston asap. I need to contact the rep for this area. Will post as soon as I know.

Devon,
I feel it is best to leave this between you and Phil since you've already been corresponding.

Best,

devol:
Hi Ac Boy,

Phil had been a great help. The local dealer had contact me thu the help of Phil. But very angry with the singapore dealer. My nemo only 1 yr 2 month. And this is really a bug from the manufacturer but i need to pay $150/- for shipping back to Italy. Isnt this ABSURD?? I really think they must cover the shipping cost! But really must thk Phil for his help.

I just looked through the T&Cs of the Mares Warranty Program online. It does say that if "the Mares product was purchased abroad, the regional Mares distributor is entitled to charge handling fees and all other freight and duty expenses related to a warranty claim for purchases made abroad."

I share the same sentiments as devol. If there is indeed a software bug with my Nemo, the product is obviously defective right from the start. At the same time, "Mares guarantees[...] that a Mares product[...] will be free of defects in material or workmanship under normal recreational scuba use." IMO, the right thing to do is for the local distributor to send my Nemo back to Italy without charging me (or devol) any extra fees.

Hey Zak & Phil,

i've got a friend who has a newish nemo. she is wondering why her previous dive was not recorded. it should be automatic right? she told me that she had to manually cycle it to the dive mode.

when we dove again last weekend, the previous dives were not recorded or were erased. what gives? is it a defect or something?

hope to here from you at the soonest. thanks!

chewie:
Hey Zak & Phil,

i've got a friend who has a newish nemo. she is wondering why her previous dive was not recorded. it should be automatic right? she told me that she had to manually cycle it to the dive mode.

when we dove again last weekend, the previous dives were not recorded or were erased. what gives? is it a defect or something?

hope to here from you at the soonest. thanks!

oh no tat sound dangerous!!! Chewie u shld advice ur fren to stop using it for anymore dives and get it to where it bought to have it exchange. Nemo will goes into dive mode w/o having to manually change it from time to dive.:shakehead

As a note, I have put Devol in contact with my colleage who is responsible for Mares Asia/Pacific.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom