mares nemo titanium vs mares nemo black passion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogatecat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase one of the Mares Nemo dive computers. Could someone please offer some enlightenment into what the differences are between the nemo titanium and the nemo black passion? Are they any advantages or features offered in one and not the other? I've been unable to find any detailed documentation comparing the two.

Thanks in advance.

I think there the same computer but different housing eg one is titanium and one is black.

I can not be completely sure but I have no doubt Zak or Phil will be around soon to answer the question.

tracy you are right. there are 3 models to choose from, but all the functions are the same the only differance is the casing - steel, titanium and the limited edition black, and the box they all coming in is a bit differenet.

My better half and I both have the steel, I love the watch its great. Just make sure you get the glass protector, and just wait a few weeks for the new iris to come out, they are changing the com connector to a usb.

A quick question about the 'Black Passion' Nemo computer: is the casing made of stainless steel or titanium? Obviously the 'black' in 'Black Passion' refers to the colour of the case, but the underlying material is also an important characteristic. My guess is that it is made of 316L stainless steel like their standard Nemo, as the black surface treatment (PVD?) on less expensive stainless steel would offer a greater profit margin for Mares than if they used titanium.

Sadamune

The Black Passion model was sold around Holiday time 2005 as a special edition version. The casing has a PVD coating for protection, but the features are the same.

So the features are the same as the steel or titanium version?

In trying to figure this out I have come across differences in the steel and titanium versions outside of the casing differences.
For example: the backlighting functions differently between the two. The steel version lights the whole background while, the titanium version creates a sort of inverse effect where the numerals actually light up on a dark background.

So, who does the Black Passion inherit from?
And are there other differences or variations in function?

The Black Passion is Stainless case with the PVD coating. The Backlight is the same as on the Titanium version.

All other features should be the same.

Back
Top Bottom