mares nemo vs mares nemo???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogatecat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, I have 2 mares nemo titanium dive computers. Each still sealed in their respective boxes.
Problem is — the sealed boxes are not identical, as one would expect them to be.

One box is larger than the other by about half an inch and actually might be slightly heavier. There are also minor differences in the on-box markings -- for instance: the "box" number on the larger box has "rev 07/05" inscribed after the primary number. The smaller box does not have a "rev" value at all. The most obvious interpretation of this "rev" value would be that it's a date(rev = revision???) and the computer was manufactured/packaged back in 2005. But, why would the second box not have a rev value???

Why would one computer be heavier than the other?

If anyone can shed some light on this quandry ... the help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance

(if it would help I can also post a few pics later this evening)

Does the newer box has a yellow sticker on it ?
Mares changed two things in the Nemo.

1: The Glass was upgraded to a stronger mineral glass to help prevent scratching.
2: A spring was added to the battery compartment.

Cheers
Chris

Actually, both boxes have the yellow "Sapphire coating" sticker.... is that the yellow sticker you are refering to?

What would make one heavier than the other? Shouldn't all of the titanium cased watches weight essentially the same?

I have checked a few boxes in the office here, none of them have the rev designation that you state, I can check with the factory, but as far as I know all have the same packaging. As I replied in your PM, give me a call so we can figure this out.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom