Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4ce:
i have bought the bc too and i love it i would like to buy a dive alert i there anyone that have one with the air trim system and wht model is it???

It takes the standard Dive Alert: http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=DA1

Keep in mind, the dive alert will probably be below the surface when attached to the jacket, so to signal a boat you will probably have to unsnap it from the bc and hold it up.

i have bought the bc too and i love it i would like to buy a dive alert i there anyone that have one with the air trim system and wht model is it???

Holy... I have read the whole 25 pages of this thread, I think im blind. Its obviously been a couple of months, I wonder what people think of this line. I personally like the mares equipments alot. I am a little scared that they cancelled the Dacor parts but hopefully they learned their mistake (seems like they did).

I bought the LE BCD from Larry last week--and I have to say that it's great. Thank you MARES for a super product. I don't know much about diving...YET, but I do believe that for $399, this is one of the best BCD's money can buy at that price point. I couldn't/wouldn't have paid $850 for it, but I am certainly having fun with it, and from all that I can tell, it's a Dragon in disquise.

Mine is #170...What is yours?

I bought the LE BCD (#294) from Larry last November and love it. I use a standard Dive Alert with it. The Dive Alert made it a little more difficult getting to the zipper of the left pocket. So I just keep items I hopefully will not need in that pocket like whistle, mirror and shears (I keep knife elswhere).

[Stephano, again I do not work for a competitor. I like the reg and would like to keep it once fixed. I am probably jinxed with Regs, I returned my ScubaPro 650X for good since it had a very strong resistance (continuous, not pinging) while inhaling, way worse than a rental reg.[/QUOTE]

It has been my experience that the really easy breathers tend to make some kind of noise at shallower depths. My X650 does the resonance thing, on some occasions, at the start of the dive but once I get down to depth, it stops. Is yours noisy through the entire dive/at all depths?
Having dove, in the past on a Mares high end breather, I experienced some of the same "resonance" at shallower depths. Either way, I can say that both regs perform extremely well! In short, I just think that its the nature of the beast but I fully understand if its something you find unacceptable. Especially given the kind of loot these things tend to cost!

Back
Top Bottom