Mares Origin Sport Airtrim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sermar

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have purchased at scuba.com a Mares Origin Sport Airtrim BC.

I did not tested in the water and I did not connect the hose the regulator yet (I ordered a new Abyss 42, but did not received yet) and I don't understand if the BC is working properly.
I inflated the BC using the silicon tube and the "out valve" does not deflate the air.
I don't know if the "twin exhaust valve" works only if connected to the pressured hose.

The manual is poorly written. I don't understand why Mares cannot print a single manual for each different BC instead than doing one for all models.

I would appreciate any help.

Hi Sermar,

Thanks for your interest in the Origin Sport AT. The LP inflator hose must be hooked up to the inflation/deflation device to activate the deflation mechanism. It uses a very small amount of air to open both exhaust valves simultaneously. I'm sure you'll enjoy diving in your new system once you receive all the components. :)

Best regards,

Thank you for the prompt response.
I am sure that it will be fine. I had several Mares BC and they always been good.
This is my first Airtrim and I can wait to try it.
I keep a full set of gear in Italy and I am still using my over 10 years old Mares Jacket and it is still in great shape.
Sergio

Sergio, once you get your reg and set up your BCD, I'm sure you,re going to love your airtirm. I love mine and won't go back to another system unless Mares stops making it, or I am doing technical diving with a backplate and wing.

Cheers!:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom