Mares Plana Avanti Quattro still good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I have a spare

Do you strap it to your tank and take it with you when you dive, like you would have a spare wheel on the back of a 4x4 :wink:

Do you strap it to your tank and take it with you when you dive, like you would have a spare wheel on the back of a 4x4 :wink:
I lost one fin in a little over 30 years. It is in my basement. I do keep a spare pair of fins in my car for friends that forget theirs and extra strap in my save a dive kit for broken straps. I also have a tree tap in case I have to collect native rubber to caste an emergency replacement in the field using beach sand and the remaining fin to create a mold. My trusty flint and steel are in the glove box in case I have no matches or the car lighter fails to work. Diving with an unvulcanized fin is just a drag...

Always prepared....

Will a new set of Quattro Plus be more flexible?
Have my '92's stiffened up with age?

You really have to try it.
Compare(new and old) the length, pocket size(bring your own booties), stiffness of the strap and weight.

Everything stiffened up with age, except one thing, but there is a pill for that.:p

Back
Top Bottom