Mares Quattro Power Fins...errrrrr!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orfreediver

Registered
Reaction score
So I finally scraped up enough money to buy my Quattros and I ordered them through my LDS….and thus began my struggles! My dive shop is located 2 hours away (long story) and they were nice enough to send two sizes of Tres to the aquarium that I volunteer at, a 9.5-10.5 and an 11-12. So I choose the Quattros in an 11-12 yellow, they order the 9.5-10.5 because that’s the largest size in yellow (didn’t tell me this). Of course they don’t fit, way too small. So they go to the Pure Instinct line and order the 11-12, I can slide my foot into them with my 4mm sock on while they are laying on the floor. The rep is now sending a sleeve of some sort. I hate this idea, another piece of gear to deal with and it seems like a band aid.

I have a theory, the yellow version is made one place and the Pure Instinct is made in another. Two different sized molds maybe? I want these fins because I freedive and scuba dive, a good half way point and I have my fellow Divemasters telling me they love them….this is killing me!

I am a pretty solid 10.5 with a 4mm Argos sock. This is really frustrating, can you help?

-Derek

So I see that your customer service is just as good here as it has been through my LDS! I'm done with you guys!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom