Mares return policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daved222269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My lds carries mares wetsuits. They don't stock any brand of women's 7mm suits. We could very easily order online, and return easily if it doesn't fit properly. I like to support the local shop, but there's a problem. They said if we order the flexa-8/6/5 my wife wants, mares doesn't accept any returns. Is this true? What if the suit doesn't fit properly or if she doesn't like it? We can't justify spending around $350 to buy a suit and be stuck with it. If that is the policy, that's very poor service to the end user and lds. Some stores are small and they can't afford to stock everything. How are they supposed to make sales with policies like this? I hope that this isn't true, but that means the lds is lying to me. That's even worse. I have a very good relationship with them. What is the policy for distribution and accepting returns from a lds like this?

the online store is accepting the return, not mares. they are large enough that they can carry some inventory cost so a returned wetsuit is not a problem for them. it just goes back to their warehouse.

nobody is mailing the wetsuit back to mares. your LDS doesn't want to get stuck with a wetsuit in an unpopular size they can't sell if you decide it is not for you.

You could also check into other shops that may carry lines like Pinnacle and BARE. They have greater size ranges for men and women. Leisure Pro you can order two or three different suits, try them on, as long as you don't get them wet, send back the ones that don't fit. No hassle, easy process. Small shops are at a disadvantage as they can't carry the entire size line. However, many lines do allow the shop to return a suit that simply doesn't fit. They may get something like a credit on their next order minus shipping. Ask the dealer for the number of their distributor or rep and call them directly to ask. You might find that request suddenly changes their policy as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom