Mares Volo's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know why Volo's are not suitable for wrecks - but I DO know that when I left me Frogs behind for a pair of ol beatup SC Jets - I NEVER turned to look back - this is the greatest fin out there - I know a LOT of people who have that opinion...

Dane

I read so much stuff that I can't remember where some of it came from.This is what I remember of it.And just because I read it somewhere doesn't mean it's fact.
Some fins may not be suitable for wreck diving because they do not work well with modified kicks used to avoid disturbing silt.(ie. split fins, hinged fins). Picture a kick where you keep your knees bent at a 90 degree angle, and move only your ankles to fin to avoid disturbing silt on the floor. is this going to work with these fins?
Maybe someone with more experience could help us out here.

Tavi

I have been using mine for 10 months. I've used them for archaeology and wrecks. The Volo's have been very satisfactory when modified kicks are required. Needless to say, a full flutter kick in a silt environment is going to stir things up.
As with a lot of things in life, moderation is key.

Enjoy and DSAO

Ive tried the Volos this past weekend and liked them... I think I will be getting a pair.

Ive just bought a pair and did 10 dives in CZM... loved them. Im just wondering how these are when compared to the Scubapro splits... (I guess fins are not that big of a deal unless you do very technical or strong current diving?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom