Mares warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in Australia and I'm planning to buy a mares reg from authorised online dealer in the US.

Is Mares's warranty recognised worldwide?

Thanks guys.
Liam

Hi Liam,

Your warranty is worldwide and you can have your reg serviced by any authorized dealer. The Lifetime Parts Policy we offer in North America is only valid in North America, so to be eligible for free parts you would need to have your reg serviced in the US.

Best regards,

Phil

the parts that are covered under warranty, does that include all parts during the annual maintenance or just parts that break or wear out prematurely?

That's not fair! I bought my Mares Regs from Scuba Toys, but now reside in Bangkok. Are there any plans on changing the Lifetime Parts Policy? It only seems fair.

Thanks,

AZ

junior25:
the parts that are covered under warranty, does that include all parts during the annual maintenance or just parts that break or wear out prematurely?

The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. The parts policy covers annual service parts.

Phil

Arizona:
That's not fair! I bought my Mares Regs from Scuba Toys, but now reside in Bangkok. Are there any plans on changing the Lifetime Parts Policy? It only seems fair.

Thanks,

AZ

Mares warranty is the same worldwide as far as defects in materials and workmanship. The Lifetime Parts Policy varies from country to country (no different than typical electronic or camera company policies). The cost of shipping the parts to Thailand would be more than the actual parts, also as Mares North America division, we work with the dealers here and cannot run a policy with a dealer in another country.

Your reg can be serviced and your warranty is still valid, but the free parts program is only valid in North America. You always have the option of sending your regs to Scubatoys for service.

Phil

counterattack:
Hi all,

I live in Australia and I'm planning to buy a mares reg from authorised online dealer in the US.

Is Mares's warranty recognised worldwide?

Thanks guys.
Liam

Did you consider that you may pay import tax and VAT when they ship to you, so it might get the same price as if you buy local.

h90:
Did you consider that you may pay import tax and VAT when they ship to you, so it might get the same price as if you buy local.

Australia government puts import duty on purchase over AU$1000. And yes, it's lot cheaper buying from internet.

Phil Mintz:
Hi Liam,

Your warranty is worldwide and you can have your reg serviced by any authorized dealer. The Lifetime Parts Policy we offer in North America is only valid in North America, so to be eligible for free parts you would need to have your reg serviced in the US.

Best regards,

Phil

Thanks Phil for clarifying

Ahh there is no warranty in Australia for Mares purchased outside of the country, sure you can get it serviced. BUT if your Reg breaks within its warranty period you will have to send it back to the the country of purchase for any warranty work.

Cheers
Chriso

Back
Top Bottom