Mares warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ah,,

so theoretically i only need to pay for the labor during an annual service? if purchased in the us, can i have it serviced under the parts policy at any authorized mares dealer in the us, or does it need to go to the dealer of purchase?

It can be serviced at any authorized US dealer and be eligible for free parts, as long as you have your service records to show it qualifies.

hello phil,

i just bought a mares nemo titanium from ebay philippines. its sealed and new in the box and it says it has an international warranty. does these mean i can have it serviced and checked at a mares authorized service center in the philippines for free?

lexusfortuner:
hello phil,

i just bought a mares nemo titanium from ebay philippines. its sealed and new in the box and it says it has an international warranty. does these mean i can have it serviced and checked at a mares authorized service center in the philippines for free?

What service?? Let's be honest - dive shops don't have a stack of chips and lcd displays and the technology to fix a dive computer. If it's working - it's good. If not, it isn't and it will go back to the factory.

If you bought it from an authorized dealer (and ebay auctions typically are not) if it breaks, you could send it in to Mares to get fixed.

Joe and Larry (Not sure who is posting) are correct. The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship (not free check ups and service). Ebay is not an authorized Mares dealer.

There is nothing to service, only battery replacement which needs to be done by Mares to insure the gasket is placed properly and it is pressure tested. Battery replacement is not free.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom