Mares X-Stream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisgp007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
Just want to find out has anyone tried out or seen the Mares X-Stream fins as iv looked at it and looks like the improved version of the volo powers .So just want to know which is better . Have already looked at the mares website but that doesnt give me the best info from other ppl that are not affliated to that company.

Hi, These fins are not out of 1st production yet. Should land in the retailers store within a couple of weeks.

Thanks for asking. I'm sure you'll receive many unbiased and perhaps biased :wink: opinions as soon as they hit the market.

Best,

ok just thought seein they already all on websites sellin them i thought there would be someone in the public forum wouldve had a demo/bought them already.

So, it has been 2 months since someone posted in this thread. And I was wondering the same as the OP. What are other people's thoughts on the X-Stream vs Volo power fins. Anyone using the new X-stream fins yet?

Da Wolf,
We just started shipping these fins in size regular (Large) only about 3 weeks ago. XL and Small are not too far behind in distribution. So I'm not surprised you are not getting much feedback. So far I have heard good comments from a few scuba stores selling these fins. One individual tried them in the pool, and quickly gave his son his Volo's so he could justify purchasing a new pair. Anyway.. You may find more luck in the "general" fin section of the board.

Thanks for asking!

Zak

Thanks for the feedback Zak. Guess I will have to be patient with actual user reviews of them. Thanks again.

Well just tried the X streams for the first time after puchasin them . Must say they are extremely lighter then my old avanti x3 . felt comfortable under water , but the only draw back was the clips on these fins where abit dificult when wearin gloves. but all i think i like these fins compared to my hard bucket avanti's

I've replaced the "standard" clips by the mares steel spring straps. Not because of problems during handling - even with gloves it was easy to lock/unlock with the clips - but because i've had also spring straps on my former avanti quadro and there is no must to miss the comfort of spring straps anymore :D

The fins are very comfortable - not only lighter, but also a little smaler than the avanti ones; so they are more easy to be stored in my diving box during transport.

In compare to my old ones, the X-Stream Fins need less power to get faster. :cool2:

My opinion: Mares did a very good job!

The feedback continues to be positive. "Very lightweight", "very little effort used to get so far", "I really notice the difference of power compared to my split fins". I could go on but the banter could be perceived as a biased opinion, even if these are not my words.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom