Mares X-Vision Ultra Liquidskin Mirrored Gold lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone here had any experience with the Mirrored Gold lenses? Or am I better off getting the clear lense?

Only experience is my wife going through Mares x vision masks like toothpaste. The skirts all developed leaks and we will now never use Mares again. Customer service was non existent.

I borrowed a friend's pair for a Caribbean dive. His marketing pitch was fish can't see your eyes therefore they don't spook so easily. Some sponsored spear fishermen swear by them for that reason.

I recommend clear lens if you have a buddy you communicate with or want "natural" vision underwater.

What has you curious about buying them?

Cameron

Looked up the marketing pitch... surprised they they claim non mirroring effect underwater. Certainty doesn't match my experience.

"Mirrored Lenses reflect certain light wavelengths to reduce glare and blue light but do not hide the user's eyes like other mirrored lens. The Silver mirrored lens reduces the diffuse reflection in shallow water to stop glare. Gold mirrored lens reduces the dominant blue colour and increases contrast and visibility"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom